Cast When Stunned Combos

Ive been testing out using cast when stunned instead of cast when damage taken to see the pros and cons. On my Lightning Ball witch C.W.Stunned is working great, i have it in my 3l dagger with enduring cry and immortal call. Most of the time the immortal call goes off before i get damaged at all, completly counters leap strike mobs that used to nuke me down. Also prevents some of the stunlocking of the sheild-charge groups.

I tried to find a good 4l for C.W.Stunned on my tornado shot ranger and i couldnt find anything... I have it in my boots so i cant get 4 off-color so im trying to find some combo using green spells and its so limited.

I tried C.W.Stunned + Temporal chains + Etheral Knives + Chance to flee
that generally doesnt do much, with only a 40% chance to flee on a 50% chance to cast when stunned with 30% stun avoidance... the EK + flee just doesnt actually happen.

I tried C.W.Stunned + Temporal Chains + Bear Trap + Multiple Traps
Guess what... Bear trap is the ONLY trap that doesnt have keyword 'Spell'. Wouldve been great.

Freezemine should work?

Also i prefer enfeeble to Temp chains (if you can got off green)

whirling blades might be funny, but scary also :-)
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
traps and mines do not work with trigger gems

depends.. cast when stunned works best with CI characters as they tend to be stunned very often due to little life they have (life value as it would be without CI is used for stun formula). I even used it with one of my past chars (max block CI) as Discharge trigger. Note that blocking a hit that would have stunned you can trigger CwS..

for life characters it can be useful against big hitters..
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
traps and mines do not work with trigger gems

depends.. cast when stunned works best with CI characters as they tend to be stunned very often due to little life they have (life value as it would be without CI is used for stun formula). I even used it with one of my past chars (max block CI) as Discharge trigger. Note that blocking a hit that would have stunned you can trigger CwS..

for life characters it can be useful against big hitters..

i have near 3k hp on my Witch, excluding the 3.5k ES. I still get stunned at least once per 15 seconds while clearing maps, theyre micro stuns, like an arrow shot or a flicker strike but it still triggers the Cry and Call.

And really? no traps at all? damn... so there are no dex spells at all... E.K doesnt really help
I use Frost Wall + Knockback + CWS.

Works quite nice for ranged chars, push melee units and stop ranged projectiles from enemies.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Molten Shell with Life Leech is very good

No idea about green gems, but getting 3 off to run smth decent shouldn't be hard.
CwS combos well with lowlife and ci builds, the latter only with high block imo because of it's innate 50% stun avoidance.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Oct 29, 2014, 10:22:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info