Cast on Crit Cyclone

"
PaganDK wrote:
Atm i'm using cyclone, CoC, lifeleech, Discharge, EK, flamesurge. Works great for clearing fast, but it needs some work to do highest level maps (77-78) comfortably. Interested in seeing what other people prefer. (I'm CI with romira and voll's amulet)

How do you support discharge without voll's protector?
I'm also CI so I can't afford to use voll's protector.
I guess you're above 50% crit chance. So let's say 50% crit, 50% non crit.
On average you get 1 charge with romira, 0.5 charge with pcoc before discharging all (and some endurance charges). So you never get the full discharge potential do you?

I tried it (no romira or voll's amulet), but so far I prefer to stay at 7 charges and crit way more often with a spell that do not consume charges. My Pcoc is level 19 at the moment, with 20/20 i could probably sustain cold snap easily, but I don't think I could ever use discharge.

Unless I'm missing something.

When I tried with cold snap my charges were slowly decreasing from 7. With discharge they never went above 1 or 2. Quite a waste to have 7 charges then :p.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Oct 30, 2014, 8:56:46 AM
"
You should try to use both heralds (without EE).
My herald of ice explosion probably does more damage than my ice nova on packs. Any time a mob die, it explodes, kills another mob, explodes again... clear the pack...
I have 60% aoe increase though.

I do this with a different CoC character, but right now my main objective with the build I'm experimenting with is to work on making the single target damage potential of the build better. So far AoE damage against packs aren't really a problem, so.
Yeah I gave up on single target. Coc seemed way too bad if you can't shotgun the bosses.

So now i have vaal spark-lightning pen-gmp in a pledge on swap for bosses. Seem to do the job for mid level maps.
"
"
PaganDK wrote:
Atm i'm using cyclone, CoC, lifeleech, Discharge, EK, flamesurge. Works great for clearing fast, but it needs some work to do highest level maps (77-78) comfortably. Interested in seeing what other people prefer. (I'm CI with romira and voll's amulet)

How do you support discharge without voll's protector?
I'm also CI so I can't afford to use voll's protector.
I guess you're above 50% crit chance. So let's say 50% crit, 50% non crit.
On average you get 1 charge with romira, 0.5 charge with pcoc before discharging all (and some endurance charges). So you never get the full discharge potential do you?

I tried it (no romira or voll's amulet), but so far I prefer to stay at 7 charges and crit way more often with a spell that do not consume charges. My Pcoc is level 19 at the moment, with 20/20 i could probably sustain cold snap easily, but I don't think I could ever use discharge.

Unless I'm missing something.

When I tried with cold snap my charges were slowly decreasing from 7. With discharge they never went above 1 or 2. Quite a waste to have 7 charges then :p.

True i'm not discharging at full potential. Haven't really done any calculations, but I also get frenzy charges from running blood rage. I do cast a lot of discharge/spells with the setup, but I feel it has a lot more potential than what i'm getting out of it. I'm not even using pcoc atm. Using EK, flamesurge on top of discharge. Herald of thunder with auto curse would be nice, but atm clarity takes up too much of my mana.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
"
Yeah I gave up on single target. Coc seemed way too bad if you can't shotgun the bosses.

So now i have vaal spark-lightning pen-gmp in a pledge on swap for bosses. Seem to do the job for mid level maps.

I'm testing out a few ideas, so I'll let you know how it goes. Probably won't have anything firm until after the temp league ends though since I have about half the stuff I need for the full setup I have in mind in standard and half in rampage.
"
PaganDK wrote:
Herald of thunder with auto curse would be nice, but atm clarity takes up too much of my mana.

If it's just to run cyclone, try herald curse on hit and warlord's mark instead of clarity. Free mana leech. I just carry 1 surgeon mana pot, with the intel I get and 40% from starting templar node, I can sustain cyclone forever (can't do curse immune maps though).
You'll get a bunch of endurance charges too for your discharge and free life leech.

If it's for running arctic armor that's another story.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Oct 30, 2014, 7:45:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info