Cast on Crit Cyclone

I was wondering if anyone has much experience with using projectile spells in a Cast on Crit Cyclone setup. Specifically, the setup I have is Cyclone + CoC + GMP + Freezing Pulse + Ice Spear, and I can't quite tell if the spell are shotgunning near the character as one would expect.

FWIW, I'm also using HoT and EE, so using Lightning spells doesn't work for me since I want to proc EE with cyclone and have the spells be Cold for more damage (the HoT lightning portion of the spells doesn't really matter)

Appreciate any help!
I am more interested to know if gmp doesn't nullify your EE buff on the 4 last projectiles (assuming it shotguns)

It should shotgun btw, both spells are piercing.

Peace,

-Boem-

(i only have experience with CoC ek cyclone sorry)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
non-EK spells can shotgun and shotgunning indeed does make EE work against your damage output

edit: I dont think running projectile spells with CoC cyclone is optimal. enemies are not in front of you (like when using typical CoC projectile setup with ST or barrage) but around you, which results in poor AoE coverage. AoE spells would be much better.. with Volls/firestorm/discharge combo being the ultimate winner (IMO)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 29, 2014, 5:04:03 PM
Yeah I switched to Ice Nova + Flame Surge and it's much better, despite both spells being much lower level. Thanks.
"
SorakPoE wrote:
Yeah I switched to Ice Nova + Flame Surge and it's much better, despite both spells being much lower level. Thanks.

consider swapping in firestorm for the ignite procs which make flame surge hit way harder
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
"
TheEnforcer wrote:
"
SorakPoE wrote:

consider swapping in firestorm for the ignite procs which make flame surge hit way harder

A single point of fire damage would make any weapon crit ignite, so Firestorm would kinda be a waste.
Arc+cold snap work well with EE and they don't melt your computer. You'd have to deal fire attack damage for that to work best.
If you want to shotgun you'll have to unspec EE because each projectile is treated separately so 4 projs hit with +25% res.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
You should try to use both heralds (without EE).
My herald of ice explosion probably does more damage than my ice nova on packs. Any time a mob die, it explodes, kills another mob, explodes again... clear the pack...
I have 60% aoe increase though.
You can use SRS on cyclone CoC. Support gems improve your DPS and the DPS of spirits. No need for spell damage points/gears. And it is fun :)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1091251
ing: Storm_Gaze
Last edited by LeMing on Oct 30, 2014, 6:28:57 AM
Atm i'm using cyclone, CoC, lifeleech, Discharge, EK, flamesurge. Works great for clearing fast, but it needs some work to do highest level maps (77-78) comfortably. Interested in seeing what other people prefer. (I'm CI with romira and voll's amulet)
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info