Confirmation on the LLD Bracket for PvP Season 1?

is there any official confirmation about GGG holding the Level 28 bracket for LLD Season 1?

I think you're asking if PvP season 1 will focus on LLD? If so, then yes.
"

so they not moving the LLD bracket to higher levels.
"
2i0 wrote:
"

so they not moving the LLD bracket to higher levels.

If they did that, then all the current LLDers would rage.
28 is actually a pretty good level. Sure, some skill/support gems aren't available, but that's actually a good thing. Imagine if Spell Echo and CWDT could be used...that would be terrible for balance. 28 LLD allows many build possibilities while restricting the use of certain gems/uniques that would make good balance very difficult.
Yeah I think he was asking if the level cap will stay at 28 and the answer is yes. No need to go into a HLD vs LLD debate again.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Oct 29, 2014, 6:43:22 PM
"
GreenDude wrote:
Yeah I think he was asking if the level cap will stay at 28 and the answer is yes. No need to go into a HLD vs LLD debate again.

It was already stated but based on support gems and from a balance standpoint. Level 28 is the absolute cap LLD should be. When you start looking at the level 40 LLD you notice the difference. It closer resembles the mess that is HLD.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:

It was already stated but based on support gems and from a balance standpoint. Level 28 is the absolute cap LLD should be. When you start looking at the level 40 LLD you notice the difference. It closer resembles the mess that is HLD.

I always thought LLD was carefully selected, because it is under lvl 31 gems and because it is the perfect level for ilvl 36 gear which is the zones and boss levels for piety/upper sceptre. since ilvl 36 gear cannot roll higher lvl req than 28, it seemed to make sense and the gear at that level was quite good. Therefore, Normal difficulty was always represented as ilvl 36/37 or lower gear (rlvl 28)

When I asked GGG why they picked 28, they were honest and said it was a wild guess and it turned out great :P
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Oct 29, 2014, 7:13:09 PM
"
GreenDude wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:

I always thought LLD was carefully selected, because it is under lvl 31 gems and because it is the perfect level for ilvl 36 gear which is the zones and boss levels for piety/upper sceptre. since ilvl 36 gear cannot roll higher lvl req than 28, it seemed to make sense and the gear at that level was quite good. Therefore, Normal difficulty was always represented as ilvl 36/37 or lower gear (rlvl 28)

When I asked GGG why they picked 28, they were honest and said it was a wild guess and it turned out great :P

Ya it worked out nicely id say.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
I allways thought that they picked lvl 28 due to base item tiers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info