Hall of Grandmasters Development Update 4

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Or you could work on something that the other 97% of the players might ever use?

Oh crap... GGG you heard the man, get your only Programmer and put him to work on something else, STAT!!
"
Chris wrote:
"
moraug wrote:
Ahaha, even devs are lagging (see 7-9 secs into video).
Well, on the second thought, it is kind of sad...

That's the type of thing we'll have to sort out before we release the map. Needless to say, the Grandmasters certainly use a wide range of effects so it'll have some fun resource loading challenges to deal with!

Is "Sorting that out" even a possibility? I mean, it's not as though the grandmasters are using a range of effects that are not normally seen within the game.

You're lagging because you are PLAYING THE GAME. Fighting those grandmasters in a 1v5 is essentially how everybody experiences mapping in a full group. To be able to somehow reduce that lag would mean fixing the inherent issue with PoE rendering. Is that what you guys are planning to do, or can we expect to see some sort of half-baked hack that "fixes" only the grandmaster map?

I mean, don't get me wrong--My PC is pretty solid and I rarely find my framerate to be an issue. But it's an incredibly unenjoyable experience to be told by friends and pubs that they "don't want to group with me" because my build kills their FPS. (I like to play Discharge or CoC based builds a lot of the time) And if I'm not killing their FPS, I'm literally disconnecting them from the server, causing us to waste map portal. It's really sad that I can't even play the game the way you guys intend due to the poor rendering performance of the game engine.
Last edited by Delfofthebla on Oct 29, 2014, 2:03:19 PM
a 6 man party in this map is probably going to be an insta game crash for 50% of the playebase, and who's left is gonna play it at 60 spf (seconds per frame)
still, it looks fun, but probably impossible for a normal player
double post
Last edited by dlollolb on Oct 29, 2014, 1:14:41 PM
Gonna be a cool map. Laughing at all the crying in this thread
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Can't wait to try this map out on standard

Hopefully we'll see some faster projectile spectral throwers as enemies ^^
www.twitch.tv/ephixagames
Last edited by ephixa on Oct 29, 2014, 1:45:47 PM
"
StormHunter wrote:
Have fun as melee build, to..

...sell this map if it drops

my first thought exactly

"
BeRse wrote:
"
StormHunter wrote:
Have fun as melee build, to..

...sell this map if it drops

my first thought exactly

Nah. Melee can do plenty IMO. A melee build on the left side of the tree will have access to:

1) Bloodless: Enemies cannot leech life from you
2) Skill Duration nodes: Enduring Cry + Echo proccing off at least 2 exiles = 4 endurance charges minimum = 8+ second Immortal Call (Physical Immunity)
3) Lots of Life Regen = Can still stay in the game if flasks run out

Melee has options IMO. You'll need fucking great gear, but that looks to be the case for ranged too on this map it seems.
Last edited by Shmez on Oct 29, 2014, 1:56:57 PM
Not impressed. I can die to 5 grandmasters in a fraction of the time. I suspect that holds true for >90% of the players.

But I'm happy to see even the best have to deal with lag. I think I've lost count how many times I've died to opening a strongbox. I play by myself, I have no party to back me up in these cases :(
Chris, My Grandmaster is ready except for one 4 link, I have not been given any information regarding Vaal Skills as of yet. If there is any information out there regarding that that I may have missed does anyone know where I might find it?
Thanks Chris, love the way the map is looking.
CMK

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info