Map drop rates are too high

Why are so many people getting bored of mapping now days? Because map drops are too high. The current system isn't a "long progression of map tiers", it is more like a "map for a day or so, and never ever do a map below level 75 with low thrill of seeing a high level map drop." An end-game system should take a long time to climb, otherwise, how much of an end-game is it?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'd love a slower progression that is not tied to RNG so much. That's why I play in temp. leagues - because I like to regrind from scratch, up to 78 maps.

But in PoE you need to grind hundreds of maps, before something good drops. Having a slow progression under the current drop system wouldn’t work, it would make quit more people than they quit because of map boredom.

The whole drop system is designed around "brute-forcing" as much maps as possible.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Oh I can't wait for this community to devour you.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Oh I can't wait for this community to devour you.

Expected, but I'm curious of other people's opinions though because every thread about maps is them not dropping enough and it's driving me mad
To be honest people get bored of maps because its all there is to do in path of exile endgame, and because higher the lvl of your map the more your doing the SAME FREAKING layouts, period, some people still dont get many maps drop for them even rolling 140+iiq and dont find cartoboxes, its called RNG, fucking with rng is always going to make people upset.

If they want to change something change how much xp those map give IF ANYTHING, because like i said...some people aren't tasting what you taste, some people can't 6l, some people can't craft even with 1k eternals (<_< true story.) its rng who wins in the end.

just my opinion.

Id love to see a zana mod that removes iiq, but makes the map linear, i love linear maps and feel like all the maps are stupid ugly dungeons.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
It's not about rates. It's about people. Whiners, for the most part. People who aren't satisfied no matter what situation they're placed in. They set unreasonable goals and then blame something else for them not being able to reach them. They could multiply the rate by 10 and the same people would be complaining that they weren't high enough. They would simply adjust to the new standard and be back to complaining. The bar would be higher... by a level or two... but there would still be a bar and they'd still complain that they couldn't get over it.
I don't have an opinion the map system. It could be worse, and it could be better.

I only have 1 question to the staff: Why not add at least 1-3 more maps per decent-sized patch? And why restrict it to lvl 78? A much larger variation would be more appealing.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
I just dislike the RNG regarding map drops. I can have a high level map with 100+IIQ and packsize and extra magic monsters and get a lvl 68 map in return..
And then today I had a badly rolled lvl73 map with a lvl75 map drop and several lvl74 drops... The RNG just make me hate it. Not the average drop-rate.

Also if you really hardcore (solo) map lvl 74+ without burning a lot of currency on it and without upgrading 74 maps then you will have to buy around 20 new 74 maps every day to sustain yourself. Not to mention the currency to make them all rare. Overall you can sustain up to 73 maps in my experience without being rich or trading or rotating maps or expensively rolling/upgrading.

But we need better stats on map drops.

Also there is no alternative to maps aside from the Zana dailies. So if map drops would become rare, then we would be stuck farming dominus and piety all day long.
Last edited by silverdash on Oct 29, 2014, 10:59:18 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It's not about rates. It's about people. Whiners, for the most part. People who aren't satisfied no matter what situation they're placed in. They set unreasonable goals and then blame something else for them not being able to reach them. They could multiply the rate by 10 and the same people would be complaining that they weren't high enough. They would simply adjust to the new standard and be back to complaining. The bar would be higher... by a level or two... but there would still be a bar and they'd still complain that they couldn't get over it.

How much do you know about the psychology of dry streaks?
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
I wouldnt be bored if all maps 66-78 can drop on any with its map level randomized (highest ofc depends on the current level of the map you found it in) with +1 or +2 levels being the rarest. Seriously for me it isn't the droprate, its the maps itself that drains it being the same 2 78 maps over and over.

I still wanna try if my chars can handle a dangerously rolled level 78 Jungle Valley spider or a 78 Brutus on Dungeon maps :P
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info