I Have Calculated Your Race Reward In Advance -

Race season 9 started on 28/10/2014 and will end on 21/11/2014. giving us 28 days of racing.

now im going to make a lot of generalisations here, and most of them will apply to the
caual/novice/ veteran racer.

most/many of us have interests outside of POE that limit our time on the game.
so lets assume that the average player will be able to make 1/2 races per day. this is just a base i know some people will play more others less.

so im going to say half of the race season we will play 1 race a day, the other half 2 races a day. giving us a total of 42.

now from personal experience in previous races ( i am not amazing but would imagine im ok ) i can determine around 5 race points can be garnered per race. ( for average players )

so ladies and gentlemen, your grand total of points, in advance for season 9 is.

42 x 5 = 210

CONGRATULATIONS - you are now the proud owner of a custom artwork pyre saphire ring, which can be seen by other players when you link it to them.

and the other great news is you have just saved yourself a whopping 10 chaos (approx) for spending so many hours racing. GZ.

and in some cases i think 210 points may be very generous.

kurt out.

Original art is way better anyway...

In my experience 135pts (those juicy items from previous seasons) is the most casual (or should I use the word common) players are able to get to. And that is under previous settings with more shorter races (aka more points), not current one riddled with less & longer races.

The current season uses several layers of anti-casual coating, for maximum anti-casual protection :P

1.) less races overall, makes harder to find a race to participate to (timetable issues)
2.) more longer races, makes harder for common players to compete and get meaningful points out of their time
3.) less rewards makes the season less appealing
4.) lousy low-end rewards doubles it
5.) Removal of D:Champions with more vanilla race types, triples the yawn factor
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Oct 29, 2014, 6:03:31 AM
"
morbo wrote:

Original art is way better anyway...

In my experience 135pts (those juicy items from previous seasons) is the most casual (or should I use the word common) players are able to get to. And that is under previous settings with more shorter races (aka more points), not current one riddled with less & longer races.

The current season uses several layers of anti-casual coating, for maximum anti-casual protection :P

1.) less races overall, makes harder to find a race to participate to (timetable issues)
2.) more longer races, makes harder for common players to compete and get meaningful points out of their time
3.) less rewards makes the season less appealing
4.) lousy low-end rewards doubles it
5.) Removal of D:Champions with more vanilla race types, triples the yawn factor

I agree, this race season sucks for everyone who has a job. The removal of Descent Champions made this season really boring/unrewarding(considering the 15-20 points on average per descent champs). Not worth my time.

Last edited by amksoljanka on Oct 29, 2014, 6:28:18 AM
Last edited by Dethjin on Oct 29, 2014, 4:02:47 PM
You just made me reconsider playing this races... The only need is to get a BOR but then. Im from Europe and I have a job and I cant win races... I get like 6 points at my best per race.
At the time I'm writing this, the season is one week old. So I guess that more or less 25% of the events are done. According to poestatistics.com, only 7 players have reached 25% of points necessary to get the highest rank reward (i.e. 250 out of 1000 points)

For sure I can understand that top rewards are only for the top elite racers, but seriously, 7 people only?! There is something broken about that season :/
"
Stlan wrote:
At the time I'm writing this, the season is one week old. So I guess that more or less 25% of the events are done. According to poestatistics.com, only 7 players have reached 25% of points necessary to get the highest rank reward (i.e. 250 out of 1000 points)

For sure I can understand that top rewards are only for the top elite racers, but seriously, 7 people only?! There is something broken about that season :/

This statistic would be perfectly fine if the reward wasn't bad.
"
boof wrote:
"
Stlan wrote:

This statistic would be perfectly fine if the reward wasn't bad.

The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Last edited by Daresso on Dec 3, 2014, 1:16:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info