Twitch and POE

"
Boem wrote:
(aldo he also spew bull-shit and made error's in certain mechanics he explained, but meh...the good outweighs the bad)

Even then, he was never "to cool" to not say sorry and explain it right, right after.
"
mazul wrote:
"
Slamdancer wrote:
Never seen the appeal to watch a stream of a game i could actively play. What's the point?

There is a point when the players streaming are so much better than you are. Like watching sports: the level of gameplay the very best in football have is far beyond what you are able to do when you play yourself.

That may be true of games that require skill, the only thing that really matters that much in PoE is how good your build & gear are. Watching football would pretty dull if all that set players apart was how much their kit cost.
Watch Helmannn stream racing. That's skill, the dude rocks the shit out of every race he does.
anything is everything
Also Diablo 3 , same viewers or lower than poe
Amount of Twitch listener = Important ?

zzzz
Have fun! And go buy my stuff...

Shops: 522765 / 1094567 / 1147014
The game isn't an amazing streaming game in itself, it's just how arpgs are built.

A game like this would get alot of viewers maybe for a few months when it first comes out and then rotate out with a playerbase behind that might like watching the game. The most important things for viewers on a game are -

1. The streamer themselves - Kripp was streamer for PoE (he was someone the masses liked) , but the problem with that since he was SO popular that everyone went to him. They followed him to any other games that he played, with a game like league of legends the players tend to stay playing the game. On top of that there's ease on finding good streamers from all of the pro streams and you can quickly see how good the person is match for match instead of watching someone no skill farming dom for 8 hours.

2. The game ability to stream - The only time the game would be viewed in masses constantly is seeing people ultra level the game and race and rip constantly in hardcore verses interesting league mechanics. I don't want to see someone farm for hours, I can do that myself. I watch PoE streamers more for the person then the actual game itself.

3. The game popularity itself within the "streamer crowd"- While PoE is still a popular game, it can still get lower viewers based on what streamer crowd wants to play. Old school games like super mario 64 are rarely played theses days but when a charity/speed run stream come up they get a billion views.
Twitch viewers means nothing anyways.

"
pookyfied wrote:
I was on twitch and "Chess" the game was higher on the list than poe....chess guys.......chess.....

Was it a stream of the FIDE Grand Prix?

If so, then that is fantastic, I'll keep an eye out for it on Twitch over the next couple of days.

It makes me sad how often people associate "twitch viewers" with quality nowadays.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
mazul wrote:
"
Slamdancer wrote:
Never seen the appeal to watch a stream of a game i could actively play. What's the point?

There is a point when the players streaming are so much better than you are. Like watching sports: the level of gameplay the very best in football have is far beyond what you are able to do when you play yourself.

I've never understood why people watch sports either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info