Just a thought: Scion nodes no longer need to be this inefficient

As traversing the tree is not back to being easy for all classes, I am wondering if scion nodes still need to be as inefficient as they currently are.
Might require a revisit in the next major patch...

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
?_? wot ?_?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
?_? wot ?_?

Peace,

-Boem-

All scion's starter nodes are weaker than those of the other classes:
20% mana regen vs 40% + 14 ES (on witch) or flat 40% on Templar... etc

She was implemented as such because of her easy to traverse the tree, but now everyone can do it easily...
Her "exit tax" does seem a little expensive now, but she's also surrounded by some pretty awesome clusters in all directions.

Off Topic
What really baffles me is the added tax to travel between Ballistic Mastery and Coordination, while not only leaving Revenge of the Hunted in the middle of freakin' no where, but moving Void Barrier to the middle of freaking nowhere as well.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Hows about they just remove scion altogether and give us old mid-tree travel back?
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
How about posting things at least remotely within the realm of possibility?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Scion, Templar, Duelist and Marauder have really fallen behind with the latest reworks. I hope that they do something about it between the 3 month leagues and don't wait for another 3 months.

I'd like to see Templar and Marauder reworked completly. Scion just needs some minor number increases.
Last edited by Axarion on Oct 31, 2014, 12:42:31 PM
i completely agree, i never going to make a scion again i think . allocating those first point just hurts to much , such low values.
Last edited by karlklaps on Oct 31, 2014, 1:20:57 PM
If she can't be on par with the other classes, at least make her only slightly worse. 3% AS vs 5% on the Shadow is just painful.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
^that's not the scion's fault, shadow just got WTF this last patch. Compare shadow to any class on the tree and his nodes are in 90% of the cases better (lmao).

The scion still earns it place as the jack of all trades and as the easiest to traverse the tree. In a league of 3 months this might not show, because people go for the most optimal "end-game" build where points above lvl 80 can be utilized.

However in a 1 week race or in a shorter time-frame, most of those builds that become complete at around lvl 90+- can only be achieved on scion in 80 points in return for losing a bit of efficiency.

So she still serves a purpose for short therm races and earns her "jack of all trades" mark.

Peace,

-Boem-

(for instance, simply buffing the 20% mana regen node to 40% again, would put her above witch for certain builds in terms of efficiency)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info