Improving the map / minimap

I think most of the Path of Exile players will agree with me that in its current state the map is horrendous and unfunctional, and it wasn't changed much since early beta.

It is hard to read, and lacks any sort of features which present in almost all other multipler games of similar genre.

The core improvements which should have been made before official release of the game:
- Ability to identify a party leader, either by changing his cross colour or having a different icon for him
- Option to view player names on map
- Arrows on the edge of the map which show the direction in which the other players are located, if they are out of your current map view

Some other suggestions, provided by Immow:
Map optimization:
- Remove detail from the map and use straight lines.
- Give the floor a different colour so its easy to see where you can walk (to see how area's connect.
- Ping option for player location
- Remaining monsters show on map when less than 20 remain and entire map is revealed (maps only)
- Allow us to filter what is "shown" on mini map/map (uniques, currency, 5/6links, etc)

I already made a similar thread around one and a half years ago, absolutely nothing changed since then.

Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Oct 28, 2014, 12:29:43 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
- Ability to identify a party leader, either by changing his cross colour or having a different icon for him

Map optimization:
- Give the floor a different colour so its easy to see where you can walk (to see how area's connect.
- Remaining monsters show on map when less than 20 remain and entire map is revealed (maps only)
- Allow us to filter what is "shown" on mini map/map (uniques, currency, 5/6links, etc)

I specially agree with those proposals.
+
+
+
Yes I have suggested players being discernible on overlay map.People use the tactic of running round in circles to show where they are this shows something needs doing.
Last edited by Kavlor on Nov 5, 2014, 1:10:46 PM
The map definitely needs updating, possibly addition for party member location out of current instance as well
One More Day...
+

Map optimization:
- Remove detail from the map and use straight lines.
- Ping option for player location

This would make PoE so much better
totally agree with those proposals
"
I already made a similar thread around one and a half years ago, absolutely nothing changed since then.
Then why do you think this time something good will happen?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info