To GGG: Dual Wielding Gems

Are u guys planning to add more "dual wielding skill gems" to the game?.

Currently we have 4 skills that use Dual Wielding (Hitting with both weapons) (Dual Strike, Cleave, Whirling blades, Cyclone) vs 21 melee skill gems. C'mon guys, show us some love for future Dual Wielding builds :)

Edited (October 28, 2014 7:35 AM): Changed the word "Benefits" to "Hitting with both weapons". Thanks to Snorkle_uk for showed me this
No Pain, No Gain
Last edited by MuDlBoX on Oct 28, 2014, 8:05:48 AM
Melee needs Love at all.

To Quote Ghudda "You need Multistrike as Melee but you Desync. w/o Multi you die... so... yeah..."

Says all.
All melee skills get a benefit from dual wielding.

Also, multistrike = yucky.
<3 Free Tibet <3
"
Opinionated wrote:

Leap Slam: Use ur main hand weapon
Double Strike: Main hand only
Everything else will alternate weapons on hit
Unusual cases: Heavy Strike, Ground Slam (Dual Wielding: Ground slam with Dual Wielding will not function unless a mace is in the main hand. Only the main hand weapon is used to attack)

I'm talking about Skill Gems that use "Dual wield only" such as Dual Strike or Cleave
No Pain, No Gain
Last edited by MuDlBoX on Oct 28, 2014, 12:01:45 AM
"
MuDlBoX wrote:

Currently we have 4 skills that use Dual Wielding benefits (Dual Strike, Cleave, Whirling blades, Cyclone) vs 21 melee skill gems. C'mon guys, show us some love for future Dual Wielding builds :)

You forgot Spectral Throw, though its horrible as duel wielding.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
MasterAxe wrote:
"
MuDlBoX wrote:

Currently we have 4 skills that use Dual Wielding benefits (Dual Strike, Cleave, Whirling blades, Cyclone) vs 21 melee skill gems. C'mon guys, show us some love for future Dual Wielding builds :)

You forgot Spectral Throw, though its horrible as duel wielding.

since it is not considered a melee attack, there's no point to use ST while dual wielding unless u are running CoC, Ungil's Max Block + CoC, Mirroed itmes or maybe Dual Dyadus idk.

Note: I'm not saying it is not viable while dual wielding, it's my POV about ST + dual wield
No Pain, No Gain
Last edited by MuDlBoX on Oct 28, 2014, 12:20:56 AM
"
MuDlBoX wrote:
Currently we have 4 skills that use Dual Wielding benefits (Dual Strike, Cleave, Whirling blades, Cyclone)

Whirling Blades and Cyclone don't gain any special benefit from dual wielding; they alternate weapons just like almost every other skill. Cleave and Dual Strike are the only two.

"
MuDlBoX wrote:
since it is not considered a melee attack, there's no point to use ST while dual wielding

Na, the bonuses to dual wield attack speed and physical damage are not melee only.

I use ST on my dual wield guy because it clears faster and safer than adding melee splash to dual strike (which I use for picking off bosses and rares). I wear Abyssus so staying back and clearing with ST from afar is really nice, considering the huge bonuses Abyssus gives me (and yes, the bonus crit multi does work with ST, because it's "Melee Weapons" not "Melee Attacks").

"
MuDlBoX wrote:
"
Opinionated wrote:

Leap Slam: Use ur main hand weapon
Double Strike: Main hand only
Everything else will alternate weapons on hit
Unusual cases: Heavy Strike, Ground Slam (Dual Wielding: Ground slam with Dual Wielding will not function unless a mace is in the main hand. Only the main hand weapon is used to attack)

I'm talking about Skill Gems that use "Dual wield only" such as Dual Strike or Cleave

but you sort of miss a lot about dual wielding looking at it like this. Dual wield gets a physical and attack speed boost, so right away you are doing more dps dual wield no matter the skill. Reave was designed with dual wielding in mind, it alternates hands with the hits but the more attack speed bonus means you charge up to a great area faster. The fact that you alternate weapons doesnt mean its not a skill for dual wield builds as much as 1h + shield. Hitting with main hand only isnt even bad for dual wield, youve mentioned ungils, on a rare you could get 80% global crit, +1 gems, 6% life leech, 2% mana leech, dual res and crit multiplier on an offhand dagger, still spec into dual wield block and use an attack with main hand only. So hitting with both weapons, alternating or only hitting with main hand, none of that makes a skill for or against dual wielding.
Multistrike, interestingly, has been indirectly nerfed this patch due to the herald gems. Heralds depend on overkill damage and tend to function much better with slow hitting high single shot damage rather than fast hitting drillers. In that balance, I suppose if we can calculate the total average damage to include that of the heralds, Multistrike is probably only as efficient as something like added fire damage or increased melee physical damage now.
"
Meridin wrote:
"
MuDlBoX wrote:
since it is not considered a melee attack, there's no point to use ST while dual wielding

Na, the bonuses to dual wield attack speed and physical damage are not melee only.

I use ST on my dual wield guy because it clears faster and safer than adding melee splash to dual strike (which I use for picking off bosses and rares). I wear Abyssus so staying back and clearing with ST from afar is really nice, considering the huge bonuses Abyssus gives me (and yes, the bonus crit multi does work with ST, because it's "Melee Weapons" not "Melee Attacks").
"
"
MuDlBoX wrote:

Note: I'm not saying it is not viable while dual wielding, it's my POV about ST + dual wield

This is what i'm talking about

"
Meridin wrote:
"
Cleave and Dual Strike are the only two.

as i said 6 post before this one

"

Btw, i got your point and thx for share your opinion about ST + DW. Always welcome
No Pain, No Gain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info