Size of the Herald Hand Effects

I really like the Heralds and how much they add to the gameplay; even the visuals look nice but the effects on the characters hands are just too big for my taste. A slight reduction would obstruct less of the characters weapon, shield and armor. Especially the new Herald of Thunder effect looks way too big.

Spoiler

HoA looks almost right in terms of size for the Marauder and only needs a slight reduction
to make it fit better with the more slender built classes.

HoI is similar to HoA but because of the more spherical design of the hand effect, it looks
bigger so i'd rather see a bigger reduction on the hand sphere effect.

HoT is just plain huge and needs a significant reduction in my opinion. Half the radius
would probably still look well big enough.

Generally, i try to give my characters a thematically fitting look when i onjoy them enough to keep playing them in endgame and the Heralds add a lot to the look. The design of them is great too but they look just a bit too prominent and obstruct too much of the char and HoT is just plain huge (maybe even a bug?).
A reduction of the hand effect would improve the looks for most chars and there is always the option of introducing MTX for people who want a more flashy herald effect. I am pretty sure that for example Ghostflame HoA, Gore HoI and Ebony/Runic/Crimson HoT would sell really well ;)

11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Last edited by vargorn on Oct 27, 2014, 6:45:18 AM
They heralds have been reduced. The problem is the smaller you make them the more they stack. The more they stack they more they glow. if they were all the same size the movement and particles would all be lost in a giant glow the same size as the current. So its either stay how they are or end up like the auras did. Im pretty sure I know which one people want more :P

All 3 effects are different scales. This way at least when they stack and glow like crazy you can still see their movements.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
That makes sense and i can see why they have to have different sizes for that matter. Speaking of which, i noticed that there seems to be a slight gap between Thunder and the other heralds so does that mean that we will get Herald of Stone and Anarchy too? ;)
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
If you stack all 3 together you'll understand why there is a bit of an extra gap in between thunder. Its glow mesh when by itself isnt ultra noticeable. However when with the others it glows quite a lot more.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
@Russ, could the glow on each Herald be toned down? Thank you.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Aye, I too would like them a little bit less glowy and smaller in size.. BUT, the horde of "we want the old aura effects backk and dont change anything else ever!" scares poor russel of changing anything :(

"
The design of them is great too but they look just a bit too prominent and obstruct too much of the char and HoT is just plain huge

yes.
"Please feel free to report any players you see attempting to acquire/sell items in trade chat." - Bex_GGG
you know what they say about big hands..?

Spoiler
the heralds don't stack as well
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info