Destroying uniques

I don't see the problem with atziri loot and most non 'elite' items becoming cheaper over time especially in a temp league, simple supply and demand economy. The economy adjusts.
Having said that I also wouldn't mind slightly better returns for vendoring common uniques, could reduce trade clutter for example. Either way just because they're a unique doesn't have to mean they're especial or necessarily deserve to be worth more.
"
Drakkon1 wrote:
I don't see the problem with atziri loot and most non 'elite' items becoming cheaper over time especially in a temp league, simple supply and demand economy. The economy adjusts.
Having said that I also wouldn't mind slightly better returns for vendoring common uniques, could reduce trade clutter for example. Either way just because they're a unique doesn't have to mean they're especial or necessarily deserve to be worth more.

They deserve to worth more cause it is rare and require some sets to find. To make it worth more, we need to delete most of them. I will be very good if people that have much money will not require to sell every sceptre they get to get 5 ex. So rich people will risk and vaal expensive items and poor people will sell them immediately to get some fast money
I wish developers will read this. I wish they read all our suggestions :(
"
Eugen wrote:
I wish developers will read this. I wish they read all our suggestions :(

They probably do, but can't communicate on it, and cannot make the changes in just a few days (even the quickest ones need some testing before being released). No need to bump, the message has already been conveyed.
In actual MMORPGs the best bosses spawn only at certain times (i.e. once a day or randomly and people have to watch out for signs in the map indicating it was about to spawn (like earthquakes or meteorites in the sky). People would gather by tens to try and kill a boss and would have to be lucky enough to get a drop. It's rare -> everyone wants to go; it drops little -> it remains attractive and can't be farmed too badly by the super high levels since even they are capped; -> it's hard and dangerous, since balanced for tens of players rather than a party of 5.

I miss MMO aspects when playing POE. It sometimes really is just like a hack n slash with a chatroom.
May the Great Goat watch upon us.
"
If you want to remove uniques, then you simply have to improve their vendor value. Traders are less likely to keep tons of uniques if they can simply vendor them at a decent price. This would also set a minimum sale price for uniques.

This sounds amazing. Also they could use the current recipes like 5 Identified Uniques return 1 unidentified blacked-out Unique, blacked out because everyone knows what unique it is as soon as they see it.

Or 1 full set of uniques under level 59 return 1 divine, 2 for unidentified
full set of uniques under level 74, return 1 ex, 2 for unidentified
full set of uniques above 75, return 1 mirror

level numbers might need work because of the limited ilevel of uniques, especially jewelry
guaranteed everyone will be vedoring their uniques instead of flooding the market.

Last edited by KingSmizzy on Nov 5, 2014, 11:26:47 AM
Relegating price to being fixed by limited supply will only further help those doing the runs for them.

The folks that aren't creating magic find builds will get their chance moved from slim to none.

I can see standard having this problem as all items filter down to it but as builds change and dynamics change, so will the demand.

Not sure you have to screw with things just to screw with them. Let the market bear what it will.
Guys, please stop talking about magic find. This post is about VAAL ORBS. Talk about this idea please
There's already too much RNG in this game. Instead of messing with what the Vaal Orbs do now, how about a Unique recipe being added. Some ideas:

*Corrupted, crap stat unique sold to vendor with same unique gives you a buffed, or increased stat of the non-corrupted unique. Just a few points here and there.

*Corrupted, crap stat unique sold to vendor with another Vaal Orb plus a Scouring, refreshes the unique to uncorrupted status with random stats, like a fresh drop.

Either way, just some quick ideas. Would increase use of Vaal Orbs, add some new recipes for people to achieve and could provide some better use for multiple uniques being found.
"

*Corrupted, crap stat unique sold to vendor with another Vaal Orb plus a Scouring, refreshes the unique to uncorrupted status with random stats, like a fresh drop.

Totally no. I sayed about decreasing amount of uniques, refreshing it is not good idea, they need to be deleted and vaaled. Also i would recommend buffing vaal orbs for rare items, so people will have a chance of rolling something REALLY good on items that cost mirror or more
Last edited by Eugen on Nov 20, 2014, 12:03:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info