Destroying uniques

Marked is overfilled with similar uniques now. Tonns of people are doing Atziri for exaple and taking tonns of sceptres and boots. Nobody are buying it, prices become lower and lower. Even for good and rare items. So i think to make people get rid of uniques, you need to buff Vaal orbs. So i think you need to

1. Increase chance to get rare item from unique
2. Make Vaal orbs drop more often
3. Make more interesting and powerfull bonuses from corruptions
4. Make better corruptions harder to acquire

This will help to destroy many uniques. Good corruptions will worth more and items will worth more also
Last edited by Eugen on Oct 27, 2014, 8:51:49 AM
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2016, 8:20:25 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
And by tonns of new bonuses i mean actually double bonuses. Like 1% of elemental damage leech as mana + You are taking 10% increased damage. Make bonuses random and so we can get 2 or 3 random bonuses. Positive and negative
"
Eugen wrote:
Marked is overfilled with similar uniques now. Tonns of people are doing Atziri for exaple and taking tonns of sceptres and boots. Nobody are buying it, prices become lower and lower. Even for good and rare items. So i think to make people get rid of uniques, you need to buff Vaal orbs. So i think you need to

1. Increase chance to get rare item from unique
2. Make Vaal orbs drop more often
3. Make more interesting and powerfull bonuses from corruptions
4. Make better corruptions harder to acquire

This will help to destroy many uniques. Good corruptions will worth more and items will worth more also

removing the "nothing happened" from vaal orbs would be welcome but better reward at the cost of bigger chance to fail wont do nothing but create another RNG wall to screw us.

a better way would be to simply remove iir/iiq from the game, without MF builds the amount of those items will drop drasticaly.

as for the atziri uniques well people have figured out wich builds can defeat her so is only a matter of time before they aquire the gear/build to do it regularly, now if you realy want to limit those well best way would be to create a tournament every "x" days a la mortal kombat where people pay the entrance with the fragments, fight 1 vs 1 until there is only one left and the winner will get to fight her XD
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Oct 27, 2014, 8:06:56 PM
If you want to remove uniques, then you simply have to improve their vendor value. Traders are less likely to keep tons of uniques if they can simply vendor them at a decent price. This would also set a minimum sale price for uniques.
"
If you want to remove uniques, then you simply have to improve their vendor value. Traders are less likely to keep tons of uniques if they can simply vendor them at a decent price. This would also set a minimum sale price for uniques.

a bigger reward will sure encourage more people to vendor all the bad uniques that can hardly be sold for a chaos, but it wont solve the real problem wich are MF chars.
in terms of drops, the gap betwen MF and non MF chars is huge, my MF summoner had to go back to town to sell like 4-5 times per map where my non MF cyclone build was lucky to have his inventory full by the end of the map, now translate that to dedicated cullers doing split dominus runs and you will get why we have so many items around.

self found league fan

"
If you want to remove uniques, then you simply have to improve their vendor value.

Very true. +1, a change for those of us who hate trading.
"
caboom wrote:
...the real problem which are MF chars.

Also true, this (and auras) makes partying mandatory if you want to be "efficient". A pity.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Mf chars are not even a problem. The problem is that anyway people are getting tonns of shavs, atziri gloves, axes, sceptres etc. This items are rare and expensive but people dont need so much of them. I am sure buffing vaal orbs will work also. If there will be a reason to vaal atziri gloves or even shavyronne to have good multiple random bonuses, they will be destroyed often and became more expensive
"
caboom wrote:
"
If you want to remove uniques, then you simply have to improve their vendor value. ...

a bigger reward will sure encourage more people to vendor all the bad uniques
but it wont solve the real problem wich are MF chars

I highly support a better vendor recipe for all unqiues, particularly for say 4-20 Chance Orbs based on item drop rate (common-ness). Getting any unqiue drop should be a little more fun than the actual reality. (Lots of people would sell uniques to vendors for .5 chaos worth if they sell to players for 1 chaos worth (or less) and there is tons of supply...) I also think chance orbs are fun to use, as a bit of a "second chance" drawing.

But... MF chars are not the problem. If you play this game without any magic find, then you practically aren't playing the game at all. What is a game about item drops, when you get no item drops? Simply wear say 50 IIR and you are now playing the game. 0? Uninstall. As long as magic find quickly drops off in efficiency, then the game is perfectly fair. I can't remember the last time I opened a "2000% increased rarity" strong box without a bit of a laugh as expectations met reality.

"

But... MF chars are not the problem. If you play this game without any magic find, then you practically aren't playing the game at all. What is a game about item drops, when you get no item drops? Simply wear say 50 IIR and you are now playing the game. 0? Uninstall. As long as magic find quickly drops off in efficiency, then the game is perfectly fair. I can't remember the last time I opened a "2000% increased rarity" strong box without a bit of a laugh as expectations met reality.

strongboxes have a diferent MF mechanic, 2000% means nothing if the base is like 0.0001%. on users the diference between 50 and 250 is very noticeable. and i know it becous i have my own MF char that compare to the rest of my chars poops loot each time i take it for a spin.

its simple, the cost of an item is determinated by its usefullness and scarcity, MF builds inject boatloads of items to the market every day, the offer surpass the demand and with it the price goes puff.

another thing worth mentioning is that scarcity is not the only measure of cost, as said before usefullness is olso part of it and the reason why no one gives more than a chaos for many uniques is becouse they either suck or they are only usefull for a small period of time.

thats is why i would rather see bad uniques buffed to have some viability in the long run or get MF removed to increace scarcity.
self found league fan

"
caboom wrote:
"

strongboxes have a diferent MF mechanic, 2000% means nothing if the base is like 0.0001%. on users the diference between 50 and 250 is very noticeable. and i know it becous i have my own MF char that compare to the rest of my chars poops loot each time i take it for a spin.

its simple, the cost of an item is determinated by its usefullness and scarcity, MF builds inject boatloads of items to the market every day, the offer surpass the demand and with it the price goes puff.

another thing worth mentioning is that scarcity is not the only measure of cost, as said before usefullness is olso part of it and the reason why no one gives more than a chaos for many uniques is becouse they either suck or they are only usefull for a small period of time.

thats is why i would rather see bad uniques buffed to have some viability in the long run or get MF removed to increace scarcity.

This is why I'd like a lot of uniques to be vendorable for 4+ chance orbs... but I'm not against buffing Vaal Orbs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info