[1.2]Can't touch this: Lightning tendrils+Knockback+Herald of Thunder, EB, MoM, Free dual curse.

A highly accurate image of how this build roll

This is a Highly customisable build. There's no ''Must'' have gear. All the uniques I have are cheap ones. ''But but Carcass jack and CoD isn't cheap'' Yeah, they are when they are <4 sockets. It's not a hard thing to craft a 4link.

To break the build down:
Spoiler
Shock something with Arc, kill it, triggering the dual curses linked with Curse on hit on Herald of Thunder. Then go to town with Lightning Tendrils. If some mob comes to close for comfort the Knockback linked with LT will push it back out of harms reach.

Final build
We invest a lot in AOE nodes since A: LT is tagged as AOE and B: To use the free mega dps boost from Conc effect and still have a decent size on our LT.

Current gear
Spoiler

Alternate gear
Spoiler

Gear I'd recommend:
Spoiler

Cloak of Defiance
, since it's synergies well with Elrich Battery.
Carcass Jack, good extra AOE dps and size, the life and all res is nice too.
Mindspiral, great mana and the mana gained from %dmg on hit synergies well with Cloak of Defiance.
Moonsorrow, chance of blinding the entire screen when combined with a high lvl arc. Also good spell damage and cast speed.

I'm still testing out if I want to go with Carcass jack for the AOE and DPS or the Cloak of Defiance for the survivability. Right now I'm running CJ 90% of the time and CoD for the hard bosses.
Notice how there's only 4links. I'm lvl69 atm and just started out with maps. It's been a stroll in the park so far.
Spoiler
The Three Dragons mask might be a cool mass micro freeze.

Knockback gem:
Spoiler
This is made for Lightning Tendrils. Since LT hits so many times/sec, even a 30% knockback will keep almost everything at a safe distance.

Gem setup:
Spoiler
Wand: Arc + Faster casting + Spell echo.
4link1 of your choice: LT + Inc aoe + Conc aoe + Knockback
4link2 of your choice: Herald of thunder + Curse on hit + Conductivity + (Insert what ever extra curse you seem fit)
4 or 3 link of your choice: Clarity + Discipline (these are a Must to sustain Arctic Armour) + Reduced mana. If you have a extra 4link you can use another aura of your choice.

For bosses I swap Inc Aoe on LT for either Lightning penetration, spell echo or faster casting, again, your choice.

Tips
Spoiler
If you feel like casting the dual curses yourself, then link Culling strike + Item rarity to Herald of thunder for a free, auto targeting mass mf culler.

So this was my first build guide. Let me know your feedback, questions and opinions.

/AtlasCruise.
Last edited by Maxwells on Oct 26, 2014, 6:38:24 PM
Did you help oak in normal and then take the stat point in cruel and merciless?
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
"
Velyna wrote:
Did you help oak in normal and then take the stat point in cruel and merciless?

Yes I helped Oak in normal and then kill all in cruel and merc. Possibly take the power charge from Alira if you want to go with power charges.
I found your build before you download the image in connection with Star Wars ... And these flashes of lightning had directly reminds me of the Sith Lord Darth Sidious! x) That's what I was immediately pleased with this new skill. And it is rather a good idea to have coupled with Herald of Thunder and Knockback. Interesting also to see a Witch at half distance ...

I have still one question. If it is interesting to "shock" with Herald of Thunder, why do not you prefer to build a Lightning Tendrils Crit? Because Crit = Shock.

That's what I try to build with 2xDivinarius and Voidbringer or Thunderfist
I have not a 6L in Cloak of Defiance, juste 4L for this moment with my Witch level 69, but i thk the links... : Lightning Tendrils + IAE + CE + Knockback + Power Charge on Crit + Increased Critical Damage.

Edit : It is not necessary to use Power Charge on Crit if i use Assasin's Mark with Herald of Thunder

Last edited by Zhaolin on Oct 28, 2014, 7:17:13 PM
"
Zhaolin wrote:
I found your build before you download the image in connection with Star Wars ... And these flashes of lightning had directly reminds me of the Sith Lord Darth Sidious! x) That's what I was immediately pleased with this new skill. And it is rather a good idea to have coupled with Herald of Thunder and Knockback. Interesting also to see a Witch at half distance ...

I have still one question. If it is interesting to "shock" with Herald of Thunder, why do not you prefer to build a Lightning Tendrils Crit? Because Crit = Shock.

That's what I try to build with 2xDivinarius and Voidbringer or Thunderfist
I have not a 6L in Cloak of Defiance, juste 4L for this moment with my Witch level 69, but i thk the links... : Lightning Tendrils + IAE + CE + Knockback + Power Charge on Crit + Increased Critical Damage.

Edit : It is not necessary to use Power Charge on Crit if i use Assasin's Mark with Herald of Thunder

The Darth Sidious parallel struck me as well :D

I don't went for a crit build for some reasons.
First and foremost, I don't have the currency and I wanted to do a build guide for those like me.

Second reason is, since you can't cancel the channeling of the lightning tendrils. I found that you need some extremely high crit chance for it to ''work'' Let me explain. Even with 200cast speed increase, I can't get the Cast Animation to go below 1second. So I either crit 8 times, or I don't crit 8 times in a row. I find that to RNG on a already RNG based build (Lightning dmg)

Sure it's nice to crit 8 times in a row in one second, but what if that's a reflect mob? Instadead and you can't do anything to cancel the cast.

But, if you get enough crit, sure it would be awesome with LT. If you can manage to accidentally cast a barrage of crits on a reflect mob :)
Nice guide! Intresting to see a LT build which doesn't rely on crit. I have a few questions, though.

1)
There are some cast speed nodes on the tree which, although they aren't bad, could be replaced for damage nodes, which are probably more effective.

2)
Any thoughts on Ondar's Flight? (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ondar%27s_Flight)
Although that's one less slot for defence, it's essentially a second Mindspiral. Also, a templar version could use Battle Rouse (3% damage taken gained as mana). Rounding up, Mindspiral + Ondar's + Battle Rouse = (13 - 23)% Damage taken gained as Mana.

3)
Sure, Heartbreaker ain't cheap, but it isn't one of those legacy shavs either. Sacrificing that extra curse on HoT (and casting it manually) for Item Rarity gives a nice MF culler.

That's all!
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage
Last edited by Voidin_Blitz on Nov 1, 2014, 3:12:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info