Unique strand map lvl 72 whakawairua tuahu

"
wot was ur loot m8??

i tried unique torture chamber, loots were crap, very crap. im thinking investing on other (unique)map. (death & taxes & olmecs are expensive)

I got a ton of rare items from killing her so the loot was not so bad. With more rarity i'm sure she'd drop a unique or two (Only have 40 or so rarity)

I will repeat: Don't attempt to kill this boss solo as a ranged charachter UNLESS you use puncture. You are gonna thank me for this tip.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 30, 2014, 11:03:28 AM
Did this map yesterday on my dagger reaver and it was just as much of a nightmare as melee. Every time I would get close enough to get any damage in she would just freeze me and take off. Was pulling my hair out with this boss, so obnoxious.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
For people attempting this map: Bring an item with an anti freeze property. Alpha's howl or dream fragments are the only ones i suppose. Cold resistance higher than 75% will also help a lot.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Icetomb would be pretty good too for the cannot be chilled mod.

Even with 2x ice flasks i couldn't keep up. It's not enough.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 30, 2014, 2:45:26 PM
I didn't realize people actually had problems with this boss... Annoying, yes, but dps-wise a total joke. She's also real simple to kill with a ranged char; don't chase her, lock on to her, afk shoot her shield from one spot and she'll teleport to YOU instead of away from you. Each time she comes you have more than enough time to deal damage to her inside the shield before she runs away. Rinse and repeat.

Assuming you actually deal at least mediocre damage that is.

Also, the "first" boss is not an overcharged Igna unless you play witch. That boss is a "shadow" of the exiles that are doing the map, in your case a witch. Fun stuff in 6-man party when there's six different "shadows" running around.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
Is there supposed to be no way back from the second area to the first?

There's 3 red portals but none of them does anything. Shouldn't they unlock once the boss is dead?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
I trap the bitch ez pz, She shadow teleports to me and dies instantly it's pretty funny.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 3, 2014, 3:28:16 AM
"
holocaustus wrote:

There's 3 red portals but none of them does anything. Shouldn't they unlock once the boss is dead?

Necro. But the question still stands. What's up with those "portals"?
"
kompaniet wrote:
She is moving all the time it's impossible.

It's not impossible, just a huge pain in the ass. At least she does barely any damage.
"
I didn't realize people actually had problems with this boss... Annoying, yes, but dps-wise a total joke. She's also real simple to kill with a ranged char; don't chase her, lock on to her, afk shoot her shield from one spot and she'll teleport to YOU instead of away from you. Each time she comes you have more than enough time to deal damage to her inside the shield before she runs away. Rinse and repeat.

Assuming you actually deal at least mediocre damage that is.

Also, the "first" boss is not an overcharged Igna unless you play witch. That boss is a "shadow" of the exiles that are doing the map, in your case a witch. Fun stuff in 6-man party when there's six different "shadows" running around.

this. once i figured out the patterns of the last boss it was childs play.

ran this map with 2 guildies and they dropped out after dieing on the 3 bosses we spawned. had no idea what we were going into. i ended up having to solo the scion/witch/templar clones and that is probably one of the hardest fights ive done. probably made 1000 laps around that room.

but personally i enjoyed the map and thought it was a pretty clever idea. first boss fight u kite them around the room. second boss fight the boss kites u around the room. lol the irony.
I used my Incinerator build to kill the unique boss (tormented temptest?) in Whakawairua Tuahu map. I blocked the creature in the bottom right corner. it was trapped between the cavern sharpy thingies and i was able to keep it there and incinerate it to death. That's how you kill it. Lead it to the bottom right corner where the cave sharpy thingies are. lol i'm a loss of words. But it works! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info