Unique strand map lvl 72 whakawairua tuahu

What's the trick to kill the cold boss running all the time? She is immune to ranged attacks and spells. Can't do anything there with my glacial cascade witch. Can't even get out and finish the rest of the map.

Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 26, 2014, 5:13:36 PM
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2018, 1:36:44 AM
You have to be in the bubble.

For your build, I'm guessing you would have to lightning warp on top then land a couple hits.

<3 Free Tibet <3
She is moving all the time it's impossible.
Lock her in place? vaal glacial hammer/RoA (won't help you since you probably use a wand), bear trap ?
Or maybe you can use cold snap. Not sure if it'll work if cast form outside the bubble though.

I agree she's not funny.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
Lock her in place? vaal glacial hammer/RoA (won't help you since you probably use a wand), bear trap ?
Or maybe you can use cold snap. Not sure if it'll work if cast form outside the bubble though.

I agree she's not funny.

She would be much easier with a melee charachter. Don't ever attempt to kill her with a ranged charachter for the sake of your sanity. It should be writte in all CAPS and colours on the map: DON'T EVER TRY THIS MAP WITH A RANGED BUILD.

Vaal skills? They require souls. There are no souls to get down there. Also i am a caster so not using glacial hammer or rain of arrows. Someone in global told me to use bear trap. I did. It was useless. Either i couldn't hit her with a single bear trap or she is immune to those too. Either way don't bother.

Here is an attempt with bear traps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_lTc9sjZ1w

She is immune to freeze so cold snap will do nothing.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Tormented_Temptress

Finally managed to kill her.
I wore her down with brute force and utilizing all the portals (5 deaths at lvl 88 hurray)
Pinned her against the wall and she got stuck there for a while. She killed me of course but on the last portal i killed her before she killed me.

For players attempting to kill her with a ranged build:
I think the best way to kill her with a caster is to do what the first guy here said: A 3 link with warp + fc + rd. Sadly i only have a 1 link for warp to jump over obstacles so couldn't do that.

Never gonna do this map again. This boss brought out the worst of me. Consider this my feedback to whoever created this dreadful map boss :)

Also if someone wants to know it's actuallty two bosses. The first one is like a supercharged igna phoenix type of boss also capable of casting storm calls.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 26, 2014, 6:00:31 PM
"

Can't be frozen, can't be chilled.

If you teleport into her shield she will teleport away almost instantly, but if you stay close to her she will teleport on top of you at which point you can get some damage in. Try to maneuver her into a corner, that seems to sometimes lock her down for a bit.

The boss can be a real nightmare for some builds - and trivial for others.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Raging spirits does the job pretty well for that map. Melee could work too but you'd better run fast.
wot was ur loot m8??

i tried unique torture chamber, loots were crap, very crap. im thinking investing on other (unique)map. (death & taxes & olmecs are expensive)
I actually did this map last weekend. Never again.
We were dual RF/incierate build, the build of the week one, we rolled these chars before it was build of the week though:)

Warping in her was no option, she instantly ported away, and even if it worked, we never could do enough damage to break her shield to do real damage.

In the end we both stood on the bridge-thing in the middle, somewhat apart. AFK charging incinerate. It took some time but she ported between us and kept switching target allowing us to do damage. got her to 50% in 1 go that way. Tried chasing her again, only to decide to do the bridge-trick. In the end it took us way over 10 minutes before she was down, with crap loot aswell.

Never again, not as melee, not as ranged. Only thing I can think of is SRS.

Edit: the idea of a boss that actaully doesn't want to fight you is ridiculous. The endboss of a map that runs (ports) away, who made that shit up? Great mechanic: I'll just keep porting away until they run out of flask charges and portals'.
(Reminds me of why I hated WOW-arena, people hugging pillars all day long)
Last edited by Punica1980 on Oct 27, 2014, 8:39:20 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
She would be much easier with a melee charachter. Don't ever attempt to kill her with a ranged charachter for the sake of your sanity. It should be writte in all CAPS and colours on the map: DON'T EVER TRY THIS MAP WITH A RANGED BUILD.

Untrue. The only time I bothered to run this map, I killed her with a Ranger using Puncture. I did have to use Quicksilver to get inside her bubble though. If I had to do it again, I'd use Puncture-Trap instead of arrow-Puncture.

That said, I agree with someone else who said "never again". I aim to try every unique map at least once, and this is probably one I would never bother to do again. Not worth the overall annoyance of the entire map. I would run Poorjoy's a million times before I'd do this map again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info