"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I hate this policy of no name and shame. Anonymity is why people are assholes. Happens in big cities, happens online, and happens in this game.

We should have a do not trade/associate with thread like most places. I collect watches and this watch forum I go to certainly has a name and shame policy if you send someone a misrepresented product or dont send it at all. Assholes dont last long with this in place.

+1

But no1 wanne check chat log or something to see whats really happend.
U can burn ur bucks...its faster.
IGN: reigNNNNNN
Last edited by besplash on Feb 21, 2015, 6:27:12 PM
"
besplash wrote:
"
JNF wrote:

That's not an epiphany to me by any means. I've seen a lot in 31 years. I've been enlisted the military for 4, been to college, and been a member of the workforce for 15 years. Point being, my comment was directed towards someone, albeit jokingly, who took an empathetic stance towards the individual who is quite obviously in the wrong here. I agree entirely that the OP should be more cognisant of the way the world works, but condoning such behavior and writing it off as 'that's just how life is' is pathetic. Perhaps if people didn't condone such behavior, the world would be a different place.

To the OP: Tough lesson learned, particularly so with a taboo item such as Acuities, but a lesson nonetheless. That lesson is this: never lend out what you're not able to afford to lose. You made a critical error there by doing so (assuming you can't simply turn around and trade for another pair). In my case, I would never loan out my Shavronne's ring or chest, because I cannot simply turn around and trade for another.

Yep lesson learned.

Apparently not
Last edited by besplash on Feb 21, 2015, 6:27:23 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I hate this policy of no name and shame. Anonymity is why people are assholes. Happens in big cities, happens online, and happens in this game.

We should have a do not trade/associate with thread like most places. I collect watches and this watch forum I go to certainly has a name and shame policy if you send someone a misrepresented product or dont send it at all. Assholes dont last long with this in place.

this topic again? ..

this post will help you understand why this policy exists:

you piss someone off, hes going to the forums and creates a thread:
"

Thread title: WAS SCAMMED BY Aim_Deep

Hi all,
I was scammed by this player. He..//insert scam description here... Avoid trading or grouping with him.

guy relogs to one of his alt accounts and replies:
"
was scammed too.. what an asshole

guy relogs to another account and says:
"
yup.. can confirm..//insert fake evidence or photoshopped screenshot here..

now you notice the thread and jump in to say that youre innocent.. can you prove it?.. or you ask GGG to investigate and prove you innocent?

either way, lot of people have seen the thread (or thread title) -> irreversible damage to your reputation was already done
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by besplash on Feb 21, 2015, 6:28:05 PM
Last edited by besplash on Feb 21, 2015, 6:28:53 PM
Last edited by besplash on Feb 21, 2015, 6:29:20 PM
I can't remember who said it, but I quote "don't ever lend stuff to anyone you can't punch in the face".
"
besplash wrote:

I would never RMT, but I played for 1500 hours in Path of Exile and did everything on my own. This is what I ended up with:

[stale link]"Insert any item, that comes to your mind. Still stale link."

Not a lot huh?

Pixels are what we are really talking about here.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info