Gameplay Motivation.

motivation for me is to have tiny goals

tabula > 5l Cod > 6l cod slow progression which keeps you playing

was sitting in beyond trade for 4 weeks to get one of these

i think its the only one which went public on sale in the whole league which says alot about the shitty mapgate design
this been said iam done for this league i will respec some more powercharge and thats it i killed my own motivation with the last purchase
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Oct 27, 2014, 9:15:57 AM
"
ventiman wrote:
motivation for me is to have tiny goals

tabula > 5l Cod > 6l cod slow progression which keeps you playing

was sitting in beyond trade for 4 weeks to get one of these

i think its the only one which went public on sale in the whole league which says alot about the shitty mapgate design
this been said iam done for this league i will respec some more powercharge and thats it i killed my own motivation with the last purchase

I might try to go harcore again. I tried beyond 3 times. Every time I died to some BS. 1st time I got a gamecrash on a rogue exile strongbox. 2nd time I died to a desynced discharger, which I didn't see on my screen until I OOSed after I died. 3rd one is in cruel a1 and I just can't go on, since I dont want to die to such BS again.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
DalaiLama wrote:

2)Find a bizarre build that doesn't seem like it could work at all, and then push to see how far you can get that character.

This is my favourite thing to do, though it's quite often unrewarding and there's a disappointing number of technical limitations that you never run into with conventional builds. Even a more plain character, a templar that uses all 3 heralds to their full effect, ends up getting the shaft cause curse on hit doesn't work with the herald of ice shatter explosion. It doesn't destroy the build, but now I'm just waiting until it works before making the character, cause I know it won't be at its full glory.

Bow wielding, non-COC ball lightning witch however I could do right now, and oh god it would be the most useless gimmick build imaginable.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
"
Vincendra wrote:

I might try to go harcore again. I tried beyond 3 times. Every time I died to some BS. 1st time I got a gamecrash on a rogue exile strongbox. 2nd time I died to a desynced discharger, which I didn't see on my screen until I OOSed after I died. 3rd one is in cruel a1 and I just can't go on, since I dont want to die to such BS again.

Three rerolls does not a hardcore career/player make.

I dont care about dieing when im doing some mistake - i can't stand it if I die because of some technical BS.

"
Wooser69 wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

2)Find a bizarre build that doesn't seem like it could work at all, and then push to see how far you can get that character.

This is my favourite thing to do, though it's quite often unrewarding and there's a disappointing number of technical limitations that you never run into with conventional builds. Even a more plain character, a templar that uses all 3 heralds to their full effect, ends up getting the shaft cause curse on hit doesn't work with the herald of ice shatter explosion. It doesn't destroy the build, but now I'm just waiting until it works before making the character, cause I know it won't be at its full glory.

Bow wielding, non-COC ball lightning witch however I could do right now, and oh god it would be the most useless gimmick build imaginable.

I also thought of a tripple herald glacial cascade caster recently. But numbers show that noncrit is to slow and crit is pretty reliant on running all 3 purities or max spellblock.

"
The problem is, once you have had a really fast clearer, you can't go back.

My problem as well. I've got a more or less perfect build and leveled it now about as far as I think is reasonable solo (level 96). I am not really interested spending my time developing inferior characters.

I think fundamentally, PoE eventually becomes about racing and endlessly re-doing everything in temp leagues. If you don't like doing the same thing over and over again in new leagues, you will eventually run out of enjoyable things to do in PoE.

GGG's solution to this has been, in part, dynamic meta (e.g. the nerf guns come out every 3-4 months, while introducing new unbalanced content), but that solution doesn't work IMO.

Still, the game offers 1-4k hours of playtime pretty easily, which is nothing to scoff at for a free game, even if you eventually run out of things to do.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
The problem is, once you have had a really fast clearer, you can't go back.

GGG's solution to this has been, in part, dynamic meta (e.g. the nerf guns come out every 3-4 months, while introducing new unbalanced content), but that solution doesn't work IMO.

It isn't that much true either. The best builds on the highest level were around shavs and all weapons that go well with crit (daggers, wands, claws) for about 1 year+. Of course some minor things changes since then.
"
LSN wrote:
Balancing a game that is 300-500% off is way easier.

Easy and reasonable solutions where mentioned by many ppl. I suggested to alter and adjust the crit multiplier multiplier that is 1.5 for every weapon right now - as a first step. I suggested to introduce crit penalties (accuracy/chance/multiplier) to key support gems like lmp, gmp, chain, multistrike, and so on. Alot is possible to adress the crit and aoe vs single target issues.

Having balanced a few games I think this is very much overly simplistic. Sure, you make changes upstream and the good swimmers will get nerfed to possibly a 'balanced' (whatever that means) extent. And everyone who was eking out 10-15k DPS who can't afford good stuff will feel like they got punched in the guts a couple dozen times.

Variability is often better. Not very often anyone plays a melee build (other than reave) without using multistrike and melee splash... So add other ways to get around the need for AoE (Heralds kinda are, but not guaranteed enough to be reliable in place of melee splash). Beyond that, shaving the top end rather than undercutting the base - i.e. not ruining everyone's multi, but perhaps *gasp* reworking shavs!... and low-life.

Invariably these threads seem to start with 'crit is vital' and 'crit is the only viable', then someone demonstrates a 100k build without crit, then there's a debate about what viable actually means... etc ;)
A 15k damage dagger user (ppl even stated in this thread that they easily reach 100k+ damage with a 220 dps dagger, what you barely reach with mirror weapon level of other kinds) would barely notice the difference of 1.5 to 1.3 crit multi multiplier.

Of course you are right in what you say and poe is more complex to balance. There are easy tools to balance this better tho. It is really not that hard to balance stuff that is 300-500% off!!!
Go play a different game.

If your raping the game while almost having everything with multiple characters and played every build there's nothing to do left then wait for new skill gems content or builds you haven't done yet.

For some odd reason people get salty after a ton of hours that there's nothing they want to do left.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 27, 2014, 11:04:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info