The "Cast" Tag + Herald of Ice/Thunder

Ok, so the Cast tag is used on Bear Trap, Detonate Dead, and now Herald of Ice/Thunder.
I had mistakenly assumed that the Cast tag was new; it is clearly not.

The Cast tag simply means that the ability of the Gem
it is on is casted and therefore affected by Cast Speed.

Apparently, every Spell is casted, therefore every Spell is a Cast.
So, the Cast tag is not needed with Spells because all Spells are Casts.

Herald of Ice is clearly casted, or is a Cast;
However, it is no longer being considered a Spell, which is interesting.

To me, Herald of Ice feels a bit like a Spell + Buff, but maybe that is because
I am currently playing a Spell caster and not an Attack based character;
It is a Green gem after all, therefore dominantly associated with Dexterity.
Maybe Cast is more appropriate, seeing as Green gem Spells are a bit of an oddity.

It is interesting to note that Herald of Ash is currently still considered a Spell,
whereas both Herald of Ice/Thunder are not.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
Last edited by Perfect_Black on Oct 26, 2014, 4:17:27 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Dunno why they don't just make "herald" a tag.
Maybe to make clear that the added damage doesn't benefit from spellpower? Although I don't see why it shouldn't, and it's not consistent either because the proc does benefit from it.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
^is it effected by elemental nodes?

Never really checked on this tbh.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
holocaustus wrote:
Maybe to make clear that the added damage doesn't benefit from spellpower? Although I don't see why it shouldn't, and it's not consistent either because the proc does benefit from it.

If Herald of Ice does currently benefit from Spell Modifiers, then I am
assuming that we can expect a nerf to the skill for spell casters shortly?
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
"
Perfect_Black wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:

If Herald of Ice does currently benefit from Spell Modifiers, then I am
assuming that we can expect a nerf to the skill for spell casters shortly?

It doesn't as far as I can tell, or at least the tooltip for the added damage doesn't change. It doesn't even even benefit from the quality bonus, only the explosion does.
Spells which deal damage that isn't Spell Damage get the "Cast" tag instead of the "Spell" tag to indicate this, because a while ago players locked onto the "Spell" tag as being to them an indication of spell damage specifically rather than anything else and wanted it removed from those skills.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Spells which deal damage that isn't Spell Damage get the "Cast" tag instead of the "Spell" tag to indicate this, because a while ago players locked onto the "Spell" tag as being to them an indication of spell damage specifically rather than anything else and wanted it removed from those skills.

Hey Mark, could you clarifiy if/how the added damage benefits from spellpower increases? The tooltip remains static, but it's added to the base damage of the spell first so should still benefit from spell/elemental damage mods that are applied to the whole spell? What about the quality bonus, is that for the proc only?
^^ Good questions subscribing....
added damage becomes part of your spell/weapon damage. Therefore it will be affected by spell/attack modifiers. This added damage has nothing to do with mechanics and tags of the herald skill

quality affects only the skill itself, obviously

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info