POE -- when will you address the end-game disparity realities?

Patch after patch it continues to confuse me about end game balance. Things that make me go 'hmm':

ES >>> Life
Low-life >>> Life
Ranged >>> Melee.
Everything non 2H >>> 2H.
Crit >>> no Crit
What is getting mirrored will tell you where top end game lies -- and it isn't life based items by a factor of 50 to 1.
Blood rage giving massive attack speed boosts for low-life? Instead make it usable for 2 secs and then not trigger again for 10.
Infinite flask utilization could never have been your intended game play mechanic. Put a few secs between recharges.
Acuity? Shavs? Too much synergy and OPness.
10+ auras? Hard to believe you still intended for that. A variety of obvious fixes.

I'd love to understand POEs perspective on the above.
Last edited by brookeanimals on Oct 26, 2014, 11:34:13 AM
ES doesn't beat life, most of the time you lose lots of other defenses for more HP.

Low Life currently is stronger, but also incredibly expensive.

Crit should always be the better offensive tool compared to non-crit. It is a lot more expensive point and gear wise and leaves less room for defensive points and resist on gear. It's also very prone to reflect.
"
brookeanimals wrote:

ES >>> Life
Low-life >>> Life

For both of these, from a cost perspective:
Low life > ES > life

Life gear is cheap and powerful, generally. It also scales better with levels, usually.

"
Ranged >>> Melee
Everything non 2H >>> 2H

At end game there is some truth to this, but much of the top DPS in the game is melee based, as are the best tank builds.

As for two handers, ever tried racing? 2 handers own normal difficulty and two hand players generally top the leaderboards (Shoutout to Helmann)

"
Crit >>> no Crit

For DPS this is and should always be true.

But in terms of saftey, non crit > crit (reflect)

Only ways around this are through clever builds or instant leech (acuity is OP, I would say, and I think most would agree).
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
brookeanimals wrote:

ES >>> Life
Low-life >>> Life
Ranged >>> Melee
Everything non 2H >>> 2H
Crit >>> no Crit

Crit is not always better than "no crit", especially on HC.
Sure, low life is stronger than life in general, but also more expensive.
Why do you think ES (you probably mean CI) is stronger than life? Please explain
Last edited by Hartree on Oct 25, 2014, 4:50:37 PM
Hell, crit is the king in HC as well. Crits don't kill you, multiplier does. And it's easily adjusted.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
crit without multiplier is not effective in most cases. just go RT and dont waste nodes and item mods to get high hit chance :)
Last edited by Hartree on Oct 25, 2014, 6:37:52 PM
shavs and crit are way op both should be detuned. everyonne is going crit these days like d3 all-crit-all-the time, even spell casters with measly 4% base does 2x dps as non crit... so i expect huge nerfs. not cos its strong but like arc they just dont want everyone playing it.... shaves needs no es like solaris. way op running 11 auras immue to choas and have massive es pool. but i dont expect nerf. scarcity is a form of damage control on thier op shit like they did aucity
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 25, 2014, 8:43:15 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
shavs and crit are way op both should be detuned. everyonne is going crit these days like d3 all-crit-all-the time, even spell casters with measly 4% base does 2x dps as non crit... so i expect huge nerfs. not cos its strong but like arc they just dont want everyone playing it.... shaves needs no es like solaris. way op running 11 auras immune to chaos and have massive es pool. but i dont expect nerf. scarcity is a form of damage control on thier op shit like they did aucity

Just saying, only CI builds are actually immune to chaos. And there's no way one could run more than 6 or 7 auras as CI.

Shav's/Lorica builds are NOT immune to chaos damage. They still take it, and often still have negative chaos resistances.

Only reason none of the super high end map bosses don't do pure chaos damage is that they would be joke for CI characters, in my opinion.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
shavs and crit are way op both should be detuned. everyonne is going crit these days like d3 all-crit-all-the time, even spell casters with measly 4% base does 2x dps as non crit... so i expect huge nerfs. not cos its strong but like arc they just dont want everyone playing it.... shaves needs no es like solaris. way op running 11 auras immue to choas and have massive es pool. but i dont expect nerf. scarcity is a form of damage control on thier op shit like they did aucity

Snaphsnot has been fixed by the way. Low life builds doesn't run 11 auras haha. Way to exagerate.
The only overpowered item in the game is Acuity. Everything else is balanced compared to Acuity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info