herald of thunder lighting bolt damage with herald of ice up

Hello,

I'm not sure if it is a bug or it is intentional and I didnt see any post about that. Today I got my herald of thunder gem and I was checking its damage, and with Herald of ice active from the character windows I see only the lighting damage of the lighting bolt (the cold damage from Herald of ice isn't added)

while (always on character screen) the damage of Herald of Ice shatter have both ice and lighting damage accounted for. That happen not only on the hideout, but also on maps

Thanks for any reply!

Ciffo
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Herald of Ice and Thunder apply a Damage bonus to Spell and Attack Damage - however, neither Herald deals Spell Damage itself. Their Damage type is 'secondary'; neither Attack, Spell nor Damage over Time.

The Gem description should have the Cast tag as opposed to the Spell tag to reflect this distinction.
I think he's saying the tooltips shouldn't show dps from other heralds.

To further illustrate the issue, decoy totem shows dps from heralds as well. Since it does no damage, the tooltip shouldn't be showing dps.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I made other link try and I guess vipermagi is partially right, herald of thunder lighting bolt damage is not changed by other spell support gem (iron will doesnt improve the damage, for example) but it is changed if you link the gem to add cold damage. On the other hand the shatter damage of herald of ice is treated just like a spell (iron will improve the damage, and as I said the damage added from herald of thunder is accounted for). The question was and still is: is this difference between the "spell" part of the two herald intentional or a bug?
Wait, Ice is now affected by Spell Damage? I think that might well be a bug. From the 1.2.4 patch:
"Herald of Ice no longer has the Spell tag, and instead has the Cast tag (to make it more clear that it does not deal spell damage)."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info