working on it

We'll see how far I run with this one. Once done, I'll post the rest to my website. I'll let know when.

Spoiler
Chapter 1

Its always the same Hardlicker thought to himself. There was another Forum Killer on the loose and it was his job to track the killer down. The last case had been pretty easy. Lachdanan had all, but admitted to it from the start. Only his connections prevented anyone from charging him with his crimes.

“Think its Lachdanan again?” Asked Fire_Kid.

Hardlicker paused as he looked at what was left of TheWretch and shook his head no.

“Lachdanan was a backstabber, using the element of surprise to kill his victims. Whoever this is, is straight up destroying them face to face.” Hardlicker told his companion.

He didn't really care for Fire_Kid, but the Chief had assigned him to the case and there wasn't anything Hardlicker could do about it. Or was there? Use him as bait?

He smiled to himself as he thought of ways to get Fire_Kid killed by this new Forum Killer. But then he shook his head, he needed to focus if he was going to solve this quickly.

“What about MoonYu?” Fire_Kid asked and started blowing a large bubble with his gum.

Hardlicker jabbed it with a pen so it popped and stuck all over the pen. He then grabbed Fire_Kid by the shirt and pulled him close so he could jam the gum covered pen in his coat pocket.

“Tell me what to do again and I'll make sure you will need a straw to eat for the rest of your very short life. Got me?” He growled.

A visibly shaken Fire_Kid nodded.

“Now let's go talk to MoonYu.” Hardlicker said as he left Fire_Kid standing there.

“Hardlicker, more like Hardass.” Fire_Kid said to himself quietly.

“Heard that!” Hardlicker shouted over his shoulder.

Fire_Kid jumped a little and then paused for a moment before following Hardlicker out to the squad car.

As they got to the car, the Coroners arrived to pick up the body.

“Any special you want done with the body?” They asked.

“Nah, just dump in the sewer or something.” Hardlicker replied.

“No can do.” One of them explained, “Damn sewer is off limits after that last heavy rain storm. Too many of Vakirauta's parts floated out.”

“Then try the dump.” Hardlicker said and they gave him a thumbs up.

Chapter 2

The ride over to MoonYu's place was short one. four houses down. Fire_Kid wanted to ask why they didn't just walk, but he was already scared of Hardlicker and MoonYu made him want to wet himself.

“Hand me the safety glasses in the glove box” Hardlicker ordered Fire_Kid.

“Huh?” Fire_Kid was confused, but did as he was told.

They got out of the car and walked up to the door, but before pounding on it, Hardlicker put the glasses on.

“Open the fucking door Moon!” He exclaimed.

The Door was thrown open and MoonYu shoved a double barrel shotgun right at Hardlicker's face, but he didn't flinch.

“I thought Moon hated guns!” Fire_Kid hissed to Hardlicker, but got wide eyed as MoonYu brought the gun to bear right in his face!

“I do.” MoonYu said and pulled the trigger.

Out of the barrels popped two little flags that said 'BANG' on them. Only they poked Fire_Kid right in the eyes and he fell to the ground writhing in pain.

“Let's talk.” Hardlicker said as he took of the safety glasses and stepped over the crying form of Fire_Kid still on the ground.

MoonYu pushed the flags back into the shotgun before setting aside by the door and following Hardlicker into the living room.

“Spit it out.” MoonYu demanded and Hardlicker sighed and spit the piece of candy he had taken from the candy dish.

MoonYu picked it up and carefully washed it before putting it back in the dish.

“Now what's this all about?” MoonYu asked.

“Another Killer loose in the Forum.” Hardlicker told him.

“Lachdanan again?”

“No, he's busy elsewhere currently. Same with Doom.” Hardlicker sighed, two of the easiest suspects out of the picture already.

“So why come to me?” MoonYu gave Hardlicker a look and held up a finger and shook it at him. “This isn't about I_NO's mother is it? I told you I never met her that night and I diffidently was not at that concert!”

“Then why not just take the test and prove it?” Hardlicker wanted to know.

“Oh no you don't! I give up a sample of my DNA and the next thing I know, I'm paying child support for a bunch of little punks like TheWretch.!” MoonYu shouted.

“TheWretch was killed this morning.” Hardlicker explained, “I'm looking for his killer.”

“Oh.” MoonYu looked around and then back at Hardlicker. “Why?”

Good to see ya writing again.

You'd wash a piece of candy that had been in my mouth? It would need to be sent to a rehab centre for a month before it could be integrated back into candy society.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Fiction buddy. Just fiction.

Spoiler
I'm not allowed to keep candy around irl.
Updated the website folks. I posted it under the Short Stories tab.

Remember, its a who dun it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info