I present you: Lord Darth Sidius! a.k.a Lightning Tendrils discussion thread

a young Sith who wishes to spread the blessing of The Dark Side, and dreams of imperial glory and more mana :)

Spoiler

starter skill tree
important gear

Concetrated Effect swappable with
for better spread, or
for more Dark Side

playing unarmed because Darth Sidius needs no weapons.

I'd like to thank PsiBlades2002, Mannoth and BMBI for initial planning.

so, what cool things are you doing or planning to do, with Lightning Tendrils?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Should get a quality LT gem for more damage and style points.
nah. my style points come from playing this in the background, while toasting monsters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHJOz_y9rZE

planning to do a LT build, Shags?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Maybe some day. Working on getting Molten Strike to work for me. I've died three times in merci with it, and am pretty sure I can get it to work this time. Keep getting locked on Vaal and smashed. Got to give up on multi-strike with him and get faster attacks for hit and run. Should work.

You can never have too many style points.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Oct 25, 2014, 9:07:29 AM
I made a Templar called PantslessPalpatine. Best name.

As for the skill:
I don't really like having to stand still for so long.
I want to increase the AoE as much as I can, but I also want the extra damage, so once again Concentrated Effect has become a headache for me. In general, there are just too many support gems to choose from. I also need to make sure I crit at least 50% of the time.
It's the same issues I always end up with. Ultimately, I find that Lightning Tendrils lends itself more to a Conc Effect tanky caster, instead of increasing the AoE, as you still have to stand still. And I don't like that style of play.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Maybe some day. Working on getting Molten Strike to work for me. I've died three times in merci with it, and am pretty sure I can get it to work this time. Keep getting locked on Vaal and smashed. Got to give up on multi-strike with him and get faster attacks for hit and run. Should work.

if I feel I dont have enough ms&attack speed to get of range of the smash fast enough I just pick a ranged skill, its easy to throw a spectral throw truly in one of your link just for that fight. Its slower but the only truly dangerous part is the smash, the rest can be avoided or potted through.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
andkamen wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

if I feel I dont have enough ms&attack speed to get of range of the smash fast enough I just pick a ranged skill, its easy to throw a spectral throw truly in one of your link just for that fight. Its slower but the only truly dangerous part is the smash, the rest can be avoided or potted through.

Yep. Leveling up a ST gem just to try that.
seems like a bad incinerate. less dps less range and no shotgun. tell me im wrong?
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
seems like a bad incinerate. less dps less range and no shotgun. tell me im wrong?

Can crit though.

isn't "Lord" and "Darth" redundant?

EDIT: Here's an idea. if Incinerate was great for shock stacks via 3D, won't it perma freeze stuff in an area using 3D? :P
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Last edited by enveratise on Oct 26, 2014, 9:45:29 AM
Well, i was PLANNING to do something with Lightning Tendrils supported by Trap. But it appears that Trap flat out does not work with Lightning Tendrils (or Incinerate, as it turns out)

I'm pretty miffed that there's just this hidden aspect of these spells that says "No I can't be a trap". Which admittedly wouldn't be interesting with incinerate. But I was so excited for Tendrils traps because it beautifully sidesteps that issue of standing still for ages.

Have yet to give Remote Mine a try though. My guess is that it's also a no, though.
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info