As a former game developer, I am appalled

How could you STILL not have fixed the desynchronization from clients and servers. This is ridiculous. 95% of the players deaths are due to your shortcomings. Good companies wouldn't even dare to release a beta with that problem. Stop freaking making stupid minor bug fixes and put top priority on this issue, god dammit ! It doesn't even make any sense to put a hardcore mode if your game is retarded and put you from a safe place to the middle of 100 monsters
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Games fun dc.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Well, even the game is very much fun, i kinda have to agree with him... :/

I have no clue of programming and developmnet, so i can't add much here. But the desync is the most annoying thing of this game (probably the only really annoying thing).
about 60% of my character deaths are because of desync
30% lag
and about 10% human error.

Eventually I'll get tired of this *** and leave the game
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Oct 25, 2014, 8:59:44 AM
but that's what actually makes the game so hardcore.
"
Kranyum wrote:
but that's what actually makes the game so hardcore.

True :) (sarcasm)

Players instead of fighting monsters have to fight the game (i mean fight desync)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
They made choices early in the design that made desync inevitable. You're asking them to remake their entire game. That's probably about $20,000,000 USD. Pony up.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Oct 25, 2014, 9:12:27 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They made choices early in the design that made desync inevitable. You're asking them to remake their entire game. That's probably about $20,000,000 USD. Pony up.

I know. GGG doesn't even give a hint that they are trying to do something about this problem. Are they doing anything about it at all? You know that pleasurous feeling when you invest a lot of time accumulating experience at high levels and desync takes everything away with "easy hand"?

edit:
If desync is going to stay here for a long time, atleast show us some mercy and reduce experience loss penalty

edit #2:
I highly doubt that just a base game code cost that much
Last edited by Toshis8 on Oct 25, 2014, 1:30:08 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

If only there was a way to make sure that cash goes into fixing desync and not modeling taiwanese wildlife...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Toshis8 wrote:
Are they doing anything about it at all?

No, they can't do anything about it short of rewrite the whole netcode which would be unmanageable at this stage. They never said it straight-out, but if you read between the lines that's the impression you get. Most long-time players harbor no hopes for any improvement in that aspect.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info