Herald of Thunder and Three Dragons

Has anyone else tried this?

I have a blood magic dual Flame Totem marauder. He is wearing the Three Dragons helm so his fire damage can shock. He has no lightning damage items and most monsters have that electric shock glow when they die, so I know the fire damage is shocking them.

But the Herald of Thunder is not working! No matter how many monsters I kill, there are no thunder strikes!

What gives? Does this skill not work with totems? Or does the shock from Three Dragons not work with it?

I'm a bit confused. Can anybody shed some light on this?
If YOU kill a shocked enemy lightning thunder strikes.

You are not killing anything, your totems are.

Peace,

-boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
But why does totem trigger Elemental Equilibrium then?
'Enemies YOU hit with Elemental Damage...'. But still totem skills trigger EE as they are treated as your hits.
So it is really confusing why hits count as yours but kills don't.
The buff is placed on your character, not on your totems. And since they kill and don't have the buff on them, they don't trigger the buff's effect.

On the other hand, passive skill tree nodes do effect totems directly.

so in short,

passive tree investment does effect totems, buffs on your character do not. (other then the + elemental damage part to spells)

Peace,

-Boem-

(there is a distinction i think)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
EE applies to Skills you use.
Herald's Buff applies to your Character:
-adding +Damage to Skills you use
-looking for kills you make in order to make magic happen

Totems use your stats and modifiers for their Skills, but they are not you. They do not have the Herald Buff, and thus Herald does not check their kills.
wow, lame-o. Totems totally need some attention. Oh well I guess it's back to Ice Herald then :)

Thanks all for input.
This seems like a bug. The +damage from HoT does apply to totems, so the fact that the trigger does not seems an oversight. But atm anyway, it does not work.
"
Lheeli wrote:
This seems like a bug. The +damage from HoT does apply to totems, so the fact that the trigger does not seems an oversight. But atm anyway, it does not work.

It's not, as Viper already explained, it all follows the game rules and that's the way it was intended to work. If it didn't you would, for instance, be able to get frenzy charges with Blood Dance boots or other juicy 'on kill' bonuses even if your totem does the killing.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Maybe u can get the thunder with a culling spell or so =)
Last edited by Draeil on Oct 25, 2014, 9:48:54 PM
I believe that this is the case even tho' there are issues with the Heralds secondary effects working with Traps...

Totems only give experience to the player who created them but they get everything else. Even tho' it's worded "YOU", the totems themselves shouldn't be excluded from having the secondary effect themselves. They get charges and crap like that...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info