Hideout "Path" decoration flicker

Hey,

Ive been putting a number of the "Path" decoration on the ground in my coastal hideout. Mostly when moving around, but also when standing still, som of the tiles will flicker. This happens where the decorations overlap (I sometimes overlap them to create a better look).

It seems like there is some trouble deciding which of the paths are on top and therefore which decor to be displayed.

Easy solution is of course not to make the decorations overlap, but it seems like this is not supposed to happen.

Thanks

EDIT: Just noticed this also happens when two "Rugs" overlap.
Last edited by Rugs on Oct 25, 2014, 4:53:34 AM
Last bumped on Feb 11, 2018, 3:11:28 AM
Does anybody know of a solution to this problem, other than to avoid using path decorations and other decorations that have this problem? If we could move items on a Z-axis / change their draw depth I imagine the problem wouldn't happen.

Also, being able to move items on the Z-Axis would let me fix my lopsided archways and decorate my tables, so, that would be awesome. But I'd settle for non-flickering paths.
I avoided using paths for my hideout because the z-fighting is so bad on them, but I finally reached a point where I really wanted to see what it was like if I covered a certain section in the Path decorations you buy from Tora.

Well... it looks kind of bad.

The reason is that I can't put paths right next to one another or they flicker, as mentioned. It took a lot of wrestling with the system and creatively filling in gaps to get to a point where they kiiind of look like they go together, but it still looks pretty busted and there's still some flickering here and there.

I get that adding a z-axis would probably be tricky. But, can GGG at least trim the path pieces or add a variation to Path 1 and Path 2 (and maybe even Path 3) that does NOT include moss hanging off the sides? The moss hanging off the sides is what makes it impossible to place two Path pieces next to one another without flicker.

I love that we can make our own hideouts but I'd like to be able to do it right.
Thanks for posting - now i know not to spend additional time on it.
Last edited by rukkus on Jul 9, 2016, 9:18:19 AM
Any update on this? This flickering looks terrible :S
Edit: Double posted, ignore this.
Last edited by Lubuy84 on Jan 31, 2017, 12:26:38 PM
There's a way to reduce the flickering, at least for paths: there are two "groups" 1-3 and 4-6. The flicker gets noticeably less when you put elements from different groups next to each other (e.g. 1-4-2-5-3-6, etc).
How about you just give the option to change the floor layout completely? Like in Paint, one click and bam, new floor. Would make this a lot easier :)

Thanks for your feedback though.

Edit: Or a LOT bigger shapes, or even better shapes, the grass on the sides makes it impossible to place, also 1-3 or 4-6.
Last edited by Lubuy84 on Feb 1, 2017, 1:08:19 PM
Bump This is so bad looking please GGG :'(
sorry to bring up this thread again but problem still exists and not only the flicker.

I put a path to the hideout of catarina but in some corners (where I want to put the path) the hideout ground is a bit higher than the height position of the patch so the ground overlaps my path...

Maybe there should be a function to allow the player to choose the height position of hideout decoration or to bring a decoration to foreground or move it to the background.

Thanks
Last edited by GordonSpace on Feb 11, 2018, 6:54:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info