what does evasion do for you?

I'm brand new to PoE and so far I love it. But I could use a little help. My biggest question is what does the "Evasion" on armor and such do? Is it basically dodge? Or what?
"
Evasion is a rating that measures a character's ability to avoid being struck by enemy attacks. Evasion is opposed by the attacker's Accuracy.

More: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Evasion
"
Jaskaar wrote:
I'm brand new to PoE and so far I love it. But I could use a little help. My biggest question is what does the "Evasion" on armor and such do? Is it basically dodge? Or what?

Informally, evasion lets you 'dodge' attacks, but Evasion and Dodge in the technical sense are quite different mechanics. The main differences between Evasion and Dodge:

- Dodge is a fixed chance (like block), Evasion depends on the enemy's accuracy

- Dodge is rolled randomly each time, Evasion works on an 'entropy' system (so if you have more than 50% chance to evade, under normal circumstances you'll never get hit twice in a row)

- Evasion gives you an additional (randomly rolled, based on accuracy) chance to avoid taking a critical strike from an attack

- Evasion can be bypassed by Unwavering Stance or 'attack cannot be evaded' (warning, this applies to your own reflected hits if your attack is unevadable!), but almost nothing is 'undodgeable'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info