Incinirate and Heralds

Hi all. Would love to ask if somebody knows if the dmf from the Heralds get 3 stages aswell.

example:

100 fire dmg from Incinirate
40 cold dmg from Herald of Ice
80 lightning dmg from Herald of Thunder
100 chaos dmg from added chaos

sooo it gets at stage 3:

ooooor only the fire dmg amount of Incinirate gets the stages, rest stays like on tooltip???

i tested on Dominus and it seems that only the fire gets more stages. not sure tough
Heralds provide extra base damage to your skills, there is no difference between that damage and natural damage of your spell, it becomes a part of it. Same for added damage gems.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 24, 2014, 7:58:10 PM
Do note, though: +Damage is subject to Damage Effectiveness. You only get 30% of the listed value because of that.
"
raics wrote:
Heralds provide extra base damage to your skills, there is no difference between that damage and natural damage of your spell, it becomes a part of it. Same for added damage gems.

so i get all the added elements to stage 3 ( x4 ) aswell?? strange, i noticed little difference when deactivating heralds.
"
TaKsim wrote:
so i get all the added elements to stage 3 ( x4 ) aswell?? strange, i noticed little difference when deactivating heralds.

Incinerate has really nice base damage, and heralds have a penalty when adding into incinerate.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
Let's say Incinerate does 1000 base, Herald adds 300 for easy math with the 30% damage effectiveness.

Stage 0:
1000+(300*0.3)=1090

Stage 3
4*(1000+(300*0.3))=4360

edited; lol easy math
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Oct 25, 2014, 2:57:31 AM
But let's use actual true-to-life numbers as well:

lv20 Incinerate deals 68 - 102 Damage.
lv20 Herald of Thunder adds 11*0.3 - 170*0.3 = 3 - 51 Damage.
Roughly a 50% increase in Base Max Damage.

Of course, if you have a lot of Increased Fire Damage and not a lot of generic Increased Spell Damage, that Fire Damage gets way bigger multipliers even without stages, making the other Damage types relatively less potent. Additionally, Fire Pen only multiplies Fire Damage, which can further skew matters towards Fire drastically.

---------
Incin's modifier per Stage is 100% More Damage. It is entirely untyped, and thus applies to all Damage dealt by Incinerate. Simple as that.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 25, 2014, 8:56:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info