I got a Shav's and I don't know what to do with it.

"
MetalHans wrote:
Ok, thank you for the feedback guys. First of all, I'm going to 6L it. That's going to take a while for me to save the currency to do it (all through Vorici, got no balls to gamble with it, sorry :c )

-Aim_deep : Took a look at the shatter chuck build. "It's ranged and uses no special uniques besides shaves and aucity" Well, the OP also says that 2x Void batteries are mandatory on the build :( There is a cheap version tho, but no low life (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1080932) So I'll need something in between.

-You guys who told me to sell it: I won't be doing it anytime soon. I'll prefer to 6L it. If I'll be selling a Shav's, it has to be done right.
-You guys who told me to build around it: In the process of 6L it I'll be searching for builds to try it, gear to get and make a really nice character around it. Looking forward a LL spectral throw or crit caster like the shatter chuck. Maybe a LL version of rrtson Crit DoT Chin Sol build or something similar. Love that build in particular and planned to try it out eventually.

I'll keep it for now, thank you all.

For some people 2x void batteries and acuity gloves are cheap. Aim_deep is one of those people :)

If you can't afford to buy gear don't bother attempting to 6l. It's 1500 fusings. About 15 exalted right there.

Just sell it and move on. The armour sucks anyway.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 25, 2014, 9:10:22 AM
Being realistic here you can do one of two options.

Sell it and do whatever you wanted to do as before.

Keep it and save money until you also get a crown of eyes.

Crown of eyes + shavs works on any build, you can covert any build into a shav low life build as long as you can wear a crown of eyes and shavs.

Hell you can do a low life shav RF character if you want and do a billion dps.

Crown of eyes + shavs will be the highest peak for most characters in the game, and I recommend you keep the shavs if you don't mind 6 linking it and farming for crown of eyes.
-RagnarokChu: Cheapest CoE on xyz is 7exalted, so I can save for it. And I'm decided to 6L. So I'll just look forward the build I want to do with it and do it. Thank you for the feedback ^^
Pro-tip : go low life summoner to farm with it until you got the currency for your preferred build.

It's cheap and it can stack MF like mad and run high maps.

And you already have the most important piece.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Pro-tip : go low life summoner to farm with it until you got the currency for your preferred build.

It's cheap and it can stack MF like mad and run high maps.

And you already have the most important piece.

Peace,

-Boem-

That's what i would do, id kill to have one for my summoner! That way I could run more aura's, stuck with 2 60s and purity unless I get that chest and put some aura's on my health pool!
I second that low life summoner build. Really the cheapest and easiest way to make use of your armour. A big plus because you can stack a ton of mf.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 26, 2014, 2:17:14 PM
Give it to me for free.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
@OP : I'm in your same situation, had a Shav drop in Tropical Island( and I too was shocked and teleported out immediately after picking it up!). I'm kinda poor also - 10ex total more or less - and been saving to eventually 6s and link it.
My only advice - and my current plan - is to 6s (with Vorici or not it's up to you) but then gamble some fuses to see if you hit the jackpot , or 5L with Vorici; 150 fuses are easy to gather, 1500 are way too much - for me at least...

Anyway congratz and have fun with it!
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Oct 27, 2014, 7:14:54 AM
@Wazz72: Well, as it was said before, now we are rich... we got a Shav's! :P
Congrats for you too ^^ 1500 fusings in rampage are about 25ex So you are almost half way there! I'm gonna save it hard and make it save. First 6s with vorici, then 6L with vorici. I've been watching most low life builds with Shav's and I'll rock this: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/968988/page/1 , cheapest of all I've saw. And can do uber atziri.
My journey on getting currency like a boss and becoming one of those big boys who has 6L Shav's begins. Wish me luck.
@MetalHans : thx for the link, interesting guide, I will for sure try it out and give a shot to Atziri eventually! With my current char ( lvl85 2H Mace Mara) she is a big no - she has unweavering on top of everything else and my best defence/offence is stun :(

GL again !!
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info