Race - timeline feedback

Hey, - looked at search before - last race-feedback is from 2013-september.

I have a problem with the time you start your races. Living in EU all your races start at midnight or later. I know the server is for EU + NA , but I guess there are plenty of people palying in EU.

I wanted to bringt 2 friends into POE doing the 3 hour party race, but it's Starting(!) at 2 am.

Why don't you offer races for different timezones, so people from different countries and continents can participate without having to take holiday from their work or without sleeping.

Thanks for reading!
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Exactly, I´m also sad for this, I´m EU usually online 15:45-22:15 so cannot do most of races.. :S Even first today I don´t think I will finish.
It's 10PM EU on a friday night and the race started some half an hour ago according to the ingame notification. It doesn't get more prime-time than that.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
I don't think the start times are the problem with this race season. I live on the east coast of the US and I find that about 1/2 the events happen between 11:00 pm and 9:00 am my time. They actually do a pretty good job of spreading out the races. People play this game from all over the world. they rotate the start times, there really isn't much more they can do about that. I think the biggest problem is the length of the races themselves and lack of prizes worth striving for. Sure I may get lucky and get a race that starts at a great time for me (being around 10:00 pm) but when that race is a 4 hour race I won't even bother. I personally find the races that are 1-2 hours to be the most fun (Descent Champions being the most fun and completely left out this season) If the race season revolves more around 1-2 hour races, and there is always a race running then everyone no matter their time zone will be able to race when they want to or have the time to. But when I am staring down the barrel and all I see are 3-4-5 hour races and a huge like of prizes that I really have no interest in why bother. If I am going to grind for 4 hours then I will just get on a toon and grind maps, at least then I have a shot at a decent "prize" of something dropping. I mean lets face it. the season rewards and the fun of differnt races are what the majority of the players are really going for. Out of all the people that race there really are only about 50 players that have a legitimate shot at winning, getting the 1000 points, getting the Demigods and all that fun stuff (probably actually only like 20) 3/4 of the top 20 players in every race are the same people. even shooting for the middle prizes, (250 points for Rumi's) with the shortened season that means you pretty much have to average about 10 points a day. So if everything goes right, no untimely deaths resulting in 0 points for a race, that puts the majority of racers having to catch 2 races a day. Figuring for most racers they can't even catch 1/2 the races due to start times and most of the races being 2+ hours long, you have to spend at least 3 hours a day racing and thats if you get lucky and catch the oh so exciting signature 2hr famine race and a 1 hour race. That is a pretty big stretch for the majority of people playing this game. I'm not one of the people saying that game game is now ruined, I enjoy this game and I think GGG has done a great job on it. But these changes have taken an aspect of the game that I really enjoyed and taken it out of the equation for me. Sure, I will still run some races like endless ledge that I enjoy, but I will now being doing it just for something to do instead of the way I used to race which involved many different fun races combined with the fun of trying to obtain some neat gear so I didn't have to spend what time I did have in game playing day trader to obtain it.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info