Programm which can determine the worth of an item

"
Wraeklops wrote:
no, definately not that easy, at least if you're not playing all day long.

Some odd combination of mods can be perfect for some special build.
And you can fill "gaps" with the masters now, making mediocre items valuable.

I tried the trading game. Failed and got bored... I want to slay monsters or chat with the guild, trading is not my kind of game.

Sure but most times those special build are not played by the masses and so the prices for the items are not so high and even if that would be the case I am not looking for something which shows me the exact worth of an item but more a kind of highlighting of items which maybe be worth something.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
impossible. Way too many permutations and meta shifts. You just have to learn the game like all the other good traders.

You can get the current of the shifts from xyz where you can see the pricing of each item.
"
Berilia wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
impossible. Way too many permutations and meta shifts. You just have to learn the game like all the other good traders.

You can get the current of the shifts from xyz where you can see the pricing of each item.

If you now what to look for. You put in all 7 stats on a ammmy likely nothing will return even. You have to decide what the important ones are and then compare.
Git R Dun!
Pretty much the only way to get the data required to do this is to be GGG. I think the odds of the human race getting wiped out by an asteroid strike are higher than the odds of GGG ever implementing such a tool, at least for external use.
"
Pretty much the only way to get the data required to do this is to be GGG. I think the odds of the human race getting wiped out by an asteroid strike are higher than the odds of GGG ever implementing such a tool, at least for external use.

inc gem idea asteroid strike
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
well, i can make one that will look for certain stats, but guessing the price out of that depends on the market. that my friend will be watching the stock market, supply, demand.

don't even get me started on flavour of the month builds, and build of the weeks, and new skills coming out.

the horror.

if someone would pay me to do it, maybe; but for free, err.

good luck. your best bet would be poe.trade comparison
I need more purple titles
Best advice I can give you is to sell it for a loss. Put everything up for a couple chaos each and let the flippers worry about how much they're actually worth. You'll take a loss, but get something out of it rather than just a full inventory of stuff going to waste.
Ok, thanks guys :).
Why not just skim over every item that you pick up? If you learn what's good or not it doesn't even go into your stash.

I mean it's not like there's a extreme variety in most gear slots since your looking for patterns in things.
I second the intention of the OP - something must be done. If you played only a single or a couple of builds/classes like the majority of players how could you know except what you would have played with/equipped for your build.

Seeing three issues:

1) You do not know the possible max stats of an affix that your item rolled, for example on a lvl 30 belt you rolled 35 life, so? Why not show that (for example holding a key like alt down shows the possible max stats)

2) What are primary/sec affixes, can you add sth. with the masters or not to it? Why not show that either?

3.) There should be some supply/demand sheme (auction house or trade house or whatever incl. price evaluation) - otherwise any player that is not pro or long-term (like maybe 95%+) will get lost in trading (like playing 2h per day and then checking 2h per day and pricing and forums etc. - that btw. is why I quit 1 1/2 years ago and now returned 2 months ago, still struggling) Why go external sites, seeing if people are online, as most never read pm/log in in forum etc. Price negotiate for items that have no buyout (98%?) if you found an online player...

You never know these things if not reading for hours in wikis/forums + playing so you can verify what you read - and then try trading...

Poe for me is currently 1/3 time trying to inform, 1/3 time trying to trade, 1/3 time playing at best - and I guess it is so for any player that wants to advance, and hasn't reached 'I know it all' status yet.

I like the game, otherwise wouldn't be here ;-) but not trading as it is and the rat tail that follows.

And I would even pay for some trading place or tool by GGG - instead i pay for more stash space to keep hording stuff as it could be sold or for another char or some vendor recipe ;-)

PS: Guess some of the best items that dropped ingame...have been trashed by someone. Cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info