Unique Vendor Recipe - For Chance orbs

Should any unique ever really be valued much under 1 chaos?

If there are thousands of a given unique, and the supply pushing the price too low, then I'd rather people just start vendoring them at some point.

What should uniques vendor for? Why not something that can create them... chance orbs.

This is to suggest that any unqiue should at least be vendorable for 4 chance orbs.
Then finding even low level common uniques in excessive supply is still made a little more fun.

But... not every unique is low level, and not every unique is common... Therefore I'd up the number of chance orbs vendorable for by the drop level requirement (could alternatively be iLevel based.)

So, here's the formula:

Unique Chance Orb Vendor Recipe = ( 4 + ((Drop level requirement) / 8) ) * Rarity Bracket Multiplier

We'll get back to the rarity multiplier, and point out that an item with a level 60 zone drop requirement would yield 11 chance orbs if the item is of the common bracket, and a common low level unique item would yield 4 chance orbs.

This means that people would still sell these items for 1-2c - 2-5c (or far more), if they want to maximize their value. However, items that aren't valued get vendored, increasing their rarity, and then in theory increasing their street price.

Ok, so some items aren't common. Getting one of these to drop is very unlikely. These items should be worth closer to their rarity, no? So for these we could set up a multiplier based on the rarity bracket: common, rare, extremely rare - or etc.

For now lets keep this low for balance concerns, let's just say rare is x2 and extremely rare is x3.

So now a Shavs might vendor for say 46 chance orbs, but as long as people value them over 6 chaos, that will never really happen. And any extremely rare high level unique that isn't value at over 6 chaos sounds like a bit of a joke.

So bring it Kaom's Sign, and Shavrone's Pace. Daddy needs some chance orbs.

Of course, the biggest reason I want this is because I feel that using chance orbs is just a fun part of the game; and I want to turn upside-down that frown when certain uniques drop.

Let it also be said that another recipe for full unique sets should also exist - but this post is too long already.

(Further, full sets of rares under the chaos threshold should also vendor for more than a single chance orb, no? I'd make these at least vendor for 3 chance orbs... or what's the point?)
Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Oct 24, 2014, 2:36:25 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info