Deadly disconnection episodes - (yesterday and today)

I'm reporting series of disconnections.

I had some yesterday, and I wasn't sure it was my connection (yet usually stable) or the servers. However I didn't pay much attention I must say.
Minutes ago, I started to experience this again and I decided to go for easy missions.

It happened like this : I'm playing then suddenly I realize I may be going into some kind of desync so I try to disconnect. It doesn't do anything, and I can keep moving if I want, but when I encounter monsters they're not moving and can't die. My power charge counter doesn't change anymore.

I tried it a couple of more times, cause it seems I'm taking no risk : my hps are always full (whereas during desyncs i've always had the dmg synced so far).

At my 4th or 5th try, I suddenly realize my character is now Standard league.

I know of the non-restoration policy and I guess I don't expect anything here but to share what I think may be a bug and my pain. So far I've started a dozen characters in Beyond, and I often died to desync (50%) of the time but I've never complained because I understand why the game has to be that way (read several articles about it). So I figured it was okay because the game is amazing and anyway I had a little control over it (use potions, use the resync option with the 10 sec cd).

And yet, I -not so- secretly hope that it is a mass bug and that many of the players will have the same trouble that way an exeption may be acceptable for one event. I feel like a bad person though.

Anyways, at least I'd like to know a bit more about that matter, cause in this situation, I feel like I had no impact nor control over my character's death.

Respectfully,

Kristerza
Anyone can be a fast learner if you are patient enough to teach them.
Last edited by MeMeek on Oct 24, 2014, 9:54:02 AM
I'm in standard league & today has been the worst disconnect I've ever had. I log in & after a few minutes get logged out. this has happened 10+ times so far. its not my connection my latency is low during the disconnect, so its a server issue.

to the op sorry for your RIP, that sucks to die like that.
"FMR it's another day in paradise" IGN NEEDBLOOD
Exactly the same issue here, and it also ripped me to standard from beyond :/
I also made a forum post about it so hopefully it'll gain some traction.

You are not alone, brother!

EDIT: In order to keep all info in one thread I'll just leave a link to my post here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1093876
Last edited by Aiic on Oct 24, 2014, 10:27:05 AM
Thank you guys.

I invite everyone who has the same issue to post here, so we can have an idea of the extent of the issue.
I have to report the same kind of disconnection than Kristerza today.

Besides , i'm a great fan of path of Exile, but I have to admit that these desyncronizations greatly diminished my whole "beyond-experience", since it was more a challenge to anticipate the disconnections than to fight the game properly.

Last edited by Darentir on Oct 24, 2014, 10:39:53 AM
I also just RIPed from Beyond to Standard due to a random disconnect =[
"
rawrotim wrote:

Yes but was it the same type of disconnect that made you unable to log out, lasted 15-30sec where monsters can hit you but you can not hit back or use potions?
"

I don't think he is.

"

Yes but was it the same type of disconnect that made you unable to log out, lasted 15-30sec where monsters can hit you but you can not hit back or use potions?

Good point, We're not talking about any casual desync here.
Last edited by MeMeek on Oct 26, 2014, 6:43:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info