Soultaker is now underrated (beening before overrated)

"
Grughal wrote:
It still does its thing. Let's you reserve all your mana (so 1*60% and 2*40% auras without a single aura node for example) and makes the builds with really high mana per second usage doable (without leech + acuicity, but let's face it, those gloves are fking retarded).

Uniques aren't supposed to be the "best there is" -items. They should provide something unique which allows you to do something you couldn't have done without it.

Soul Taker is still nice, can't see my Frenzy dude or Dual Striker working without it.

"
it's not daggers fault

i found windripper 5 days before masters, sold it for 50exa, now they are at 15exa

and so does every other unique in the game, except shavronne or legacy or acuity gloves,
it's too easy to drop unique items so prices are collapsing, this is the only reason

Windripper was that expensive only because it was new item and everyone who needed one didn't have one yet. It's stabilizing now.

not really imo, auxium was at 40exalted 6 months ago, now 2exalted, alpha's howl has been at 2,5exa for 4-5months, now in 2months is at 0,5exalted

now i sell to vendor abyssus, wings of entrophy, carcass jack... all the unique items of this rarity because they are now listed at 1 fusing or 1 chaos on xyz :(

windripper and soul taker will be worth 4-5 exalted by the end of the year, mjolner probably 30-35 exalted and so on
"
GodKas wrote:

what is fkin broken and retarded is not acuity
it is 90%+ crit chances which makes your all attacks crit
(with 1000% mutliplier L O L)
current crit mechanism is fuckin retarded and broken
and dagger crit jejus fuck

Well yes, you're right. It's those things combined, but I would rather see the gloves go than critical strike chance and multiplier...

EDIT:

"
not really imo, auxium was at 40exalted 6 months ago, now 2exalted, alpha's howl has been at 2,5exa for 4-5months, now in 2months is at 0,5exalted

now i sell to vendor abyssus, wings of entrophy, carcass jack... all the unique items of this rarity because they are now listed at 1 fusing or 1 chaos on xyz :(

windripper and soul taker will be worth 4-5 exalted by the end of the year, mjolner probably 30-35 exalted and so on

That's what tends to happen in permament leagues. Sooner or later there will be added a new really powerful item that will be really expensive too and then slowly decreasing in price.
Last edited by Grughal on Oct 24, 2014, 8:41:46 AM
"
Soul Taker was a mistake from the very start. Not even worth discussing.

I cam back to the game after this, WR etc were created, can you explain (in short, don't want to debate) why the item is a suck mistake ?
Acuity is broken instant leech should be removed from the gloves.
Not FotM = Not in high demand

Gear is mostly priced by what Streamers do, headless sheeps will always copy+paste builds instead of sit down and plan their own shit.

Soul Taker is a good "lazy" item for mana-management, but ever since 2x Vaal Clarity (which Raiz proved to the public) was found out, it's been a breeze to run Dominating Blow with AN ACTUAL DPS Weapon, or Facebreakers.

"
choopk1993 wrote:
Acuity is broken instant leech should be removed from the gloves.

They should never have been made..

"Let's nerf Vaal Pact and make the instant 100% leech some insanely Rare Gloves that can ONLY DROP from this 1 Boss with low chance aswell, this way it'll only be wealthy people that will have access to them :^)"

What an awful addition to the game.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Oct 24, 2014, 10:16:18 AM
"
Was nerfed too heavily It's really not a good weapon anymore.

they gonna buff back all legacy items to what they were when act4 comes out.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
"
i paid around 120 ex for mine, after owning a non legacy for too long.

wont ever sell it now, too much sentimental value.

again nice standard league link

Seems like someone needs some attention.

Yeah you. You are so special. You don't play in standard. Your mom most be so pleased with your gigantic balls. I bet you can cure Ebola because you don't play in standard. And I bet the ladies just throw themselves at you when you tell them you play POE, but most definitely not in standard. I mean how do you even have the time to play with all that ass being thrown at you. You are most definitely my Hero.
I found a soul taker early in rampage and made a cyclone guy with it, level'd that up to 92 and stopped playing. Dual wield a 340 DPS and add a BoR and you have 30K tooltip (60K dps) and it's not bad. Too bad cyclone sucks though with the desync and too many things on the ground that will prevent you from attacking and you can't even attack things hugged up on a wall.

It's not overrated, it's a very powerful mechanic. Was OP before nerf, obviously.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
Nerf Soul taker really breaks the item, and resource management is easier at higher level of gears so the effect isn't as valuable as before.

Lower dps + mana management being less of an issue is all there is.

Still has a place in the game though.
double post
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 24, 2014, 12:25:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info