There should be a point to blue item drops

What's the point of dropping blue items, we don't even look at them, never pick them up to identify unless it's like act 1 normal or something.

Maybe it'd be better if all magical items dropped already identified? Then we'd just keep an eye out for the best suffixes/prefixes, sometimes fish some decent items from the pile of crap. It'd also educate people about what different rolls mean and are called in the items.

As it's now, blue items could as well never drop.
If there were no blue items we would only see what White and yellows?

How empty would our screens be then.
**Iv said it once ill say it again if someone doesnt have a peice of gear that went legacy you _____________________________clearly didnt want to play the build at the time it was OP.**__________________
There's already a point, mate.
But you missed it
I'm picking up a lot of blue items...
Apart from flasks, I cant see any point in them either.

Can anyone who sees a point elaborate?
"
Apart from flasks, I cant see any point in them either.

Certain niche builds can use blue items.
Ran a poison arrow build into the 80s with a blue +2 gems bow.
The amount of currency spent to craft it versus a trading for a rare equivalent was ridiculous.
IDK, I pick up every single blue that drops. How else are you going to get alteration orbs that become jewler that become fuses? If I run out of id scrolls I just sell blues to get more.
so all the magic items with R-G-B links and 6Socket(or even linked) Shall stop to drop? the use of some vendor recipes (like the one for chance orbs with low uniques) will also take transmute then! just 2 examples that came fast to my mind
Looking that way, makes sense to remove the blue itens.
Looking in other way, we could remove as well white itens since we can scour the rare ones if needed, make sense too (making animate weapon work with any rarity).
Looking in yet other way, we could remove all but white itens because we can use orbs to make the others, it make sense as well.

All ideas make sense and someone would like it. Keeping the way it is now keep all the colors and everyone can take or not what they wants, why change it?
Huh?
There's really no reason to remove blue items as they do have their value. Often when I'm playing hardcore and running a high level map in hardcore I pick up some things such as imbued wands or harbinger bows that are blue and identify them. Getting the 'tyrannical' prefix is very wanted on imbued wands in hardcore and there's an ilvl 79 prefix for spell damage. Some hybrid rolls on armors also require a very high ilvl so no, blues aren't useless at all in hardcore.
Beyond league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info