Bought a new PC, but game performance feels lousy :(

EDIT: ALL WORKS FINE ON 100+ FPS. APPARENTLY MY SCREEN WAS CONNECTED TO THE MOTHERBOARD INSTEAD OF THE GRAPHIC CARD

Hello,

OK so i just got my new PC, and i'm playing with an average FPS of 20-30 and don't understand why.

I'm am no computer genius but I know that my new PC's specs are pretty good, yet the game feels unsmooth and much less pleasant than i hoped it would be to play.
Also, in party play i get very laggy when there are a lot of effects going on such as CoC users, etc..

Here are the main specs:

1. Operating system: Windows 8
2. Hard drive: 1000GB 7200 3.5
3. SSD 256GB card (I have both my operating system and path of exile installed on it, it was recommended to me for better performance)
4. CoolerMaster 720pro power supplier
5. 16GB RAM DDR3 (2x 8GB)
6. GIGABYTE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Graphics Card
7. INTEL Core i7 3.6 GHz 8M
8. Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-H97-HD3

I'm pretty sure this should be enough for smooth POE gameplay even on 'high" settings (which is the main reason i bought this PC frankly as I play no other games), and even when I change all of the graphic s settings to "low" the FPS doesn't go above 30.

The only improvement i've seen so far is the time the game takes to load as well as the loading time between instances.
Really disappointed by this. I'd appreciate feedback.
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726
Last edited by GnGEmpire on Oct 24, 2014, 6:08:44 AM
do you have Post Processing and VSync enabled? If so, what happens if you disable them? Are you monitoring temps with HWMonitor or something similar? When I built my new PC, I didn't originally gave adequate cooling so my CPU WS overheating and throttling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info