New Race Type - Fatal

As a non-racer the main issue that keeps me from participating are time constraints that make it tough for me to play from start to finish or compete especially for the longer races.

My idea for the Fatal race type is that these would be race events that last a day or more, but all characters are given a much shorter predetermined Time To Live, i.e. after X amount of time your character dies. The Time to Live could associate to the length of the event like 1-day/1-hour, 2-days/2-hours, etc... and let players with the time and interest make multiple attempts while providing the flexibility for others to do races on their own time. It is basically a persistent race of time trials.

Obviously, there are some logistical issues of stashing items for twinking, can/should logging out pause the clock, the probability of players with multiple characters on the leader boards, etc... However, I think these are relatively simple enough to work around to allow for the benefits of this kind of race type.

Always having races of this type active on top of standard race schedules would make seasons in my opinion more interactive and accessible. You could literally start up PoE knowing you can do something competitive at anytime and all the time. It also gives player an environment for more realistic trial and error. Ideally it would get more people participating and more often.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think bots will be the bigger problem, if they are. Having several thousand bots able to fit into a race would allow people to start with Aru Tikis, BlackHearts, Redbeaks and Wanderlusts after a while, making the race impossible to beat without RMT.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
"
Exialis wrote:
I think bots will be the bigger problem, if they are. Having several thousand bots able to fit into a race would allow people to start with Aru Tikis, BlackHearts, Redbeaks and Wanderlusts after a while, making the race impossible to beat without RMT.

Well, it is more that bots would just exploit the issue and make the problem worst.

The race simply wouldn't work if players could pass down gear to increasingly twink out characters for faster attempts. So the logistical problem is preventing loot from being passed between characters as the race ages. Obviously that means no trade, but this would also require locking out stashes or GGG doing something complicated like transferring stash tabs out of the race upon death.

Still, even if it meant no access to stash tabs for the race the fact it could allow for racing at any point in the day would be a huge plus in my book. For example, even though I might have something like 4 hours to play in a day looking at the race schedule I can't participate in roughly 2/3rds of them because of when I can play. There are even days where I wouldn't even get to race because nothing lines up with my free time. That just makes me lose all incentive to participate.

Now, imagine if they did something like a 1-day fatal race for each weekday and something like a 2-day fatal over the weekend with the other race events then it doesn't matter what time zone a person is in, when their window of time they can play might be, nor how little or how much time they want to race they would always have the opportunity 24/7.

There are plenty of races where you can't share items / party / or have access to your guild stash. So that's not an issue. For example, try any solo endless ledge.
"
There are plenty of races where you can't share items / party / or have access to your guild stash. So that's not an issue. For example, try any solo endless ledge.

It is a little different because Endless Ledge and Decent races don't have stashes because they don't have access to towns. Ideally, this race type would have a standard play-through with access to quest givers and vendors, but still restrict the use of stashes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info