[Theorycraft] Dual Doryani Cycloner Acrobat - Feedback Welcome

Hi everyone, this is my first attempt at making a build.

This is a crit cyclone build with Acrobatics and Ondar's Guile. I dont get too many mace nodes so it can pretty easily be adapted to any weapon type because we end up close to nodes of all weapon types. Daggers, claws, swords, you name it.

We dual wield doryani's catalyst for two reasons:
1. It's very cheap for the amount of damage it can provide.
2. It has a reasonable crit base, allowing us to use use uniques like abyssus to great effect.

Links would be Cyclone--Melee Phys--Increased Crit Damage--Conc Effect/Inc Aoe--Faster attacks/Added Fire--Blood Magic

Here is a preliminary tree I came up with.Basically we stack over 200% life and the rest in damage and crit. Not forgetting, of course, acro and ondar's.

I took the weird pathing in shadow area because it gives Int and gets us a power charge.Thanks to Darkspark in Skyforth's thread.

Bandits= Life, Attack Speed, Power Charge/Skill point

Looking forward to feedback!

For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Oct 24, 2014, 11:23:25 AM
Maybe you want to check out what the new "Galvanic Hammer" Mace nodes do, and include them in the build. (Hint: 65% crit chance, 30% crit multi, 25% elemental damage for maces)

Your tree looks a lot like Mathil's Dual sword Cycloner.
And same as with his build, I hate that you walk along all those beautiful Dualwield block nodes without taking them. ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Hey, thanks for replying.

I'd love to take Galvanic Hammer, but it does seem a bit far away. I did have it in a previous version of the build that totally ignored the shadow area.

As for the totally OP DW clusters, I knew from the beginning that they would be hard to accomodate, which is the very reason I took Acro and Ondar's.

Now that you mentioned it, I took a look at Mathil's build. Very similar. Before I only saw his videos, which in fact were the inspiration for this. This build does get more life than Mathil's build (like 30% more I think).

However, with some messing around I made this block based build which would use a BoR, largely ignorng the Shadow area for tankiness. Probaby better for hardcore, but I play with over 200 ms ping, so a big no for me.

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAZU0UUkd-vYGZK4TZvqduabZBNJNjcO_jTioABmJ5FfZbr9P8XLAJWNunwYsY290NFSAs6aQ50IFH4iLi_grYvTWStfJuqkrIPycqTX69l_48Lcautz6HGWwW_Esn7cT2P5vcIz0-MFTqGPcycqmsqvtFJOEaOKeEkFXAGlnz3sEZ6Q4Uy0Pjajbp-tJmnhPMT_NR-Y9GHRTsyxZvJKpKfYd2Z6D8xVb6Hcoo29_vo4pNkiP2jX0wfExgBLEDh5VmG62DvRv23eeNv1FH_94k_edU7g7lz5J9mG8=

This one does spend on a lot of points on travelling and probably needs more optimisation.
We basically take out life and crit/multi and invest that in block and dual wield damage nodes.The end result is 67% chance to block.

The damage loss isn't that much since we also get galvanic hammer. This build probably needs to get regen nodes to run blood rage unless you can get leech on gear.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Oct 26, 2014, 4:48:06 AM
I played a very similar dual sword marauder tree. Crit+block works fine with those nodes.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info