Need Help - Pure Summoner Witch

Hi,
I need help with my pure summoner witch.

Passive Tree

Gear
Spoiler

As you can see, I don't use Chaos Innocolution because of my Midnight Bargain.
At the moment I'm using 3 Auras (grace, purity of elements and discipline), then I only get to have about to 220 mana avaliable.
What is troubling me is: is it worth to use my Cloak of Defiance or should I switch to something else? Have in mind that I'm still new at this game, I mean I don't play it long enough to have a Shavronne's to fix my chaos problem.

Recently I dropped a Carcass Jack, and then everything became more confusing to me, should I try to get 6S on it and eventually switch chests or is my Cloak better? Is the Cloak of Defiance worth using in this case (even though I'm trying to get more mana and regen so I can use SRS)?

Thank you for your attention.

Carcass Jack (if you don't know it)
Spoiler

EDIT:
I just did a little test here and with my Cloak of Defiance I'm able to cast SRS without running out of mana.
Should I retire my skeleton spell totem and go with SRS instead? Or are the skeletons worth it?

EDIT2: My SRS casting speed is 0,57 (with faster casting gem) at the moment.
Last edited by laninho on Oct 24, 2014, 12:01:18 AM
Zombies are the rock!!!

They are tanker, nuker, damage dealer.

use Minion Instability

Zombies + Minion Life + Multi Strike + Melee Splash on helm +2 lv minion gem.

use Arc + 2 curses for target enemies.
(Warlord's Mark + Temporal Chains)

Whisper of Doom is rock for pure summoner!!!

my build is hybrid srs and zombies bomber
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1086781

easy to kill Tzteosh, Hungering Flame by Zombies and bomb.

I still need help =(

How much mana should I have avaliable to the mind over matter be really worth? I was thinking about getting EB, would it be enough (remember: I have a midnight bargain which reserves 30% of my life)?
You should be aware that evasion is not easy to do. It requires good gear (high evasion ones) and high life/es (to deal with the sudden spike damage that comes with evasion). In my opinion, seeing that you already have a 5link COD, u should go life and use COD (with that u need to have good mana regen and tons of mana (es)). Ditch grace.

Ditch Minion instability, no worth it in my opinion. They will have effective 30% reduced life. Enahee's basically is an SRS build and doesnt really care about whether his minions are alive or not. You are a zombie and spectre build. You WANT them to be alive. I assume you r using flame sentinents (fire pen & gmp)? They are superb in clearing areas and their damage is amazing but if you are worried about defense, try undying evangelists. Good damage, AOE, amazing IA and their shield helps a ton. Seeing that you can get 4 of such spectres.....However, u might need to get the hatred aura.

Ditch some of ur minion nodes and get more life. The +2 minion helm would be better choice instead of that skullhead in maps and end game.

Elemental Equilibrium is a god-sent for summoner builds. -50 to 2 resists is extremely good. More so that using elemental weakness alone. As mentioned by Enahee, Arc + Curse on hit + elemental weakness +++ will provide u with a suddenly burst of damage effectiveness for your minions (hatred = cold damage). Heck, you might even get some shock while you are at it. Get 2 curses (with ring or passive nodes) and .....

And you should concentrate on using ur spectres as a damage dealer while your zombies as meat shields so to keep you and your spectres out of harms way. Put zombies and skeletons in ur +2 helm with life and resists. Let your spectres do the real damage while you curse, offer and so on. Use skeletons for boss fights. Vaal skeles are also a great distraction. Vaal haste is also nice.

SRS builds are OP now. But to be effective, you might need to respec out of minion life nodes. And no point using Midnight Bargarin. A +2 fire staff (with some cast speed) would clear nearly all content.
U might also want to do a little respec on ur passive tree. U are wasting two more nodes to travel to the shadow area. Just spend 2 nodes to travel to the templar area and can you respec 4 points from the shadow area.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info