Season Nine, Event 1: 2 Hour Fixed Seed Famine

"
Toolx64 wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:

No, never. Not my style in multiplayer games, not even in d2. Silly question, really, given that I'm complaining about competitive fairness.

The real question is: Why haven't there been mass bans for the use of assorted HUD programs that have been public knowledge since Q1 2014 (perhaps earlier). You'd have to live in a bubble to not be aware of this stuff.

I wasn't aware of it until you pointed it out. Then again, I don't go looking for it either. I'm not accusing, don't get me wrong. But it gets me to my point of posting. I could have quoted any number of people on here and replied with this, but if you have read most posts then you can make the connection.

I feel that GGG has their hands full between trying to get the game where they envisioned it to be (# of acts, balance and so forth), dealing with updating to protect/block against things like hacks and trying to introduce new skills and items so regular that something has to take a back seat. Unfortunately it turned out turned out to be the races. Honestly, I can't believe so many people would rather complain, hack, bash, etc GGG and the game instead of being a contributor is some fashion. Are you a programmer? Find a way to help make it better. Are you a marketing professional? Help GGG get it out there to find some funding that can support more employees to continue development. Even a no-lifer can, if they choose, promote the game somehow to help make it better. I choose to support GGG because even with its faults, I love the game. In the end, its a FREE game and your choice to spend money on it.

yeah i love the effort for this company being so small and its not that hard to just play a race casual and just go for lvl goals to get points dont have to give it your all. or ppl saying high tiers are impossible why not take the time to learn different number stats to complete areas or practice your technique before the races start and in spare time on normal hardcore mode or watch some of the top streams to learn from better players this season reminds me of seasons 1 and 2 for the structure i cant wait for the season to start.... and to ppl saying top racers use maphack play the first couple acts more then just one time and u would realise theres like 4 layouts for each area that can potentially spawn memorise them and quit your complaining. with the proper planning in advance for a race u can make things a lot easier on yourself
Last edited by DeadlyHusky on Oct 24, 2014, 2:17:06 PM
"
DeadlyHusky wrote:
"
Toolx64 wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:

No, never. Not my style in multiplayer games, not even in d2. Silly question, really, given that I'm complaining about competitive fairness.

The real question is: Why haven't there been mass bans for the use of assorted HUD programs that have been public knowledge since Q1 2014 (perhaps earlier). You'd have to live in a bubble to not be aware of this stuff.

I wasn't aware of it until you pointed it out. Then again, I don't go looking for it either. I'm not accusing, don't get me wrong. But it gets me to my point of posting. I could have quoted any number of people on here and replied with this, but if you have read most posts then you can make the connection.

I feel that GGG has their hands full between trying to get the game where they envisioned it to be (# of acts, balance and so forth), dealing with updating to protect/block against things like hacks and trying to introduce new skills and items so regular that something has to take a back seat. Unfortunately it turned out turned out to be the races. Honestly, I can't believe so many people would rather complain, hack, bash, etc GGG and the game instead of being a contributor is some fashion. Are you a programmer? Find a way to help make it better. Are you a marketing professional? Help GGG get it out there to find some funding that can support more employees to continue development. Even a no-lifer can, if they choose, promote the game somehow to help make it better. I choose to support GGG because even with its faults, I love the game. In the end, its a FREE game and your choice to spend money on it.

yeah i love the effort for this company being so small and its not that hard to just play a race casual and just go for lvl goals to get points dont have to give it your all. or ppl saying high tiers are impossible why not take the time to learn different number stats to complete areas or practice your technique before the races start and in spare time on normal hardcore mode or watch some of the top streams to learn from better players this season reminds me of seasons 1 and 2 for the structure i cant wait for the season to start.... and to ppl saying top racers use maphack play the first couple acts more then just one time and u would realise theres like 4 layouts for each area that can potentially spawn memorise them and quit your complaining. with the proper planning in advance for a race u can make things a lot easier on yourself

+1 to the this season sucks lot.

I think most of us would have been happier with a season 8 part 2, with no changes at all, than the season 9 line up as it stands. Then they could have focused all their time on hackers and whatnot, just copy and paste the season 8 code and call it season 9 for all i care. This season looks like crap, plain and simple.

Furthermore, although it's been said, lvl 38 for 2 hour fixed seed famine, lvl 36 for 2 hour solo, and lvl 40 for 3hour party? wtf GGG? at least figure the points out, this season is a monumental fail.

I will still play some races, but like many others, my excitement has been drained and replaced with apathy, yay for nothing better to do.
Last edited by fates_eye on Oct 24, 2014, 2:32:16 PM
First race hypeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Instead of Season Nine,
It seems like this is a
*sunglasses*
Season Whine :)

Looking forward to enjoying the new type of races :)
Well... there's nothing new I could add to all those comments about the new season. I just want to say... I'm also disappointed :(
Does GGG even care about the community feedback nowadays?
What they could do to make it appealing to more people is automatically delegate the points down inside each race if the winner already has all the race rewards. The idea being, if someone with 1000 season points wins a race, they still get their points added to their season tally, but the next highest finishing racer (without 1000 season points) gets the full point tally as if they had won that particular race. Demigod item allocation is not affected.

The true winner doesn't lose anything.
Everyone below benefits from participating and trying as hard as possible.
More people get the chance at the two interesting unique items.
FiftyShadesOfBlade
I too had high hopes as I recall some mentioning of the races and a new implementation, so I was getting hyped but to the contrary it is what it is lol.

Whatever though-- I can swallow this bitter pill for GGG, but what pains me the most is no Champions: decent :(
I am not doing this race season feels like a big FU. The no lifer that get 20 points per race can still get 2 of the 1,000 point rewards with just making 100 games with 2 accounts.

Also I hate 2 hour long races, who has time for that? Where are the fun races this season?
how do I join this race
"
trabbit85 wrote:
how do I join this race

At the character selection menu, underneath your characters you can click join 30 mins before the race starts at the earliest to make your characters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info