Season Nine, Event 1: 2 Hour Fixed Seed Famine

"
ctcsback wrote:
Literally every casual in here bitching about how there's no more point inflation like last season with D:C. If you don't enjoy racing for the fun and/or challenge, then don't race. It just means less competition for them demis to me.

I bought you a cookie... but I ated it. :(
Suggestion Thread: Race of the Day
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/617940
"
ctcsback wrote:
Literally every casual in here bitching about how there's no more point inflation like last season with D:C. If you don't enjoy racing for the fun and/or challenge, then don't race. It just means less competition for them demis to me.

It's hard to enjoy the competition when GGG can't stop the overlays and multihack tools.

The top alternate art participation rewards (250-1000 points) should be more accessible to the top 20-30% of racers, not just the top 1%. It's mostly pointless to aim for the top 1% if you don't have preload alerts, minimap icons for enemies, and maphack.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
well i was hoping for alot mroe changes to races...thsi season looks realy realy boring
Ign: The_Horus

My profile & builds @: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/544588
"
Vhlad wrote:
"
ctcsback wrote:

It's hard to enjoy the competition when GGG can't stop the overlays and multihack tools.

The top alternate art participation rewards (250-1000 points) should be more accessible to the top 20-30% of racers, not just the top 1%. It's mostly pointless to aim for the top 1% if you don't have preload alerts, minimap icons for enemies, and maphack.

You seem to talk with some insight about these... hacks.
Running some yourself by any chances?
*Apply water*
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
"
Quantume wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:
"
ctcsback wrote:

You seem to talk with some insight about these... hacks.
Running some yourself by any chances?
*Apply water*

No, never. Not my style in multiplayer games, not even in d2. Silly question, really, given that I'm complaining about competitive fairness.

The real question is: Why haven't there been mass bans for the use of assorted HUD programs that have been public knowledge since Q1 2014 (perhaps earlier). You'd have to live in a bubble to not be aware of this stuff.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Oct 24, 2014, 11:25:34 AM
seriously who thought making famine the signature race was a good idea ? whats next 2h fracture solo ?

noone liked this race type and now its the ignature race its like you ignore all feedback you get
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
Nithon wrote:
WTF is this Descent:Champions race thingie ppl get so upset about. I must be lucky i took a break from PoE in season 3 and am able to freely enjoy races :P

Well, you missed out the most fun race type GGG ever designed. I hope for your sake D:C will come back in the future.

This season indeed feels like an social experiment: lets strip racing to the bare minimum and see how the crowd reacts.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Hmm... too much of a gap between the 'no life no job' racers and the people with lives in terms of reward. Not the best, but oh well :-/

disappointing compared to previous races.

Pyre hype?.... :-P
IGN: TitanVaolox

Last edited by Dakrath on Oct 24, 2014, 12:00:03 PM
"
ventiman wrote:
seriously who thought making famine the signature race was a good idea ? whats next 2h fracture solo ?

noone liked this race type and now its the ignature race its like you ignore all feedback you get

Agree
1 hour Famine Blood-Magic races are so much more interesting and different in play style than just a boring 2 hour Famine. But that's just the least I would bother of this season... Skipping it because of the stated issues before.
I'm able to attend around 30 races.
That means in order to get Rumi's, I would have to have 8.3 points per race on average.
For the Bringer of Rain, that's 16.7 points per race on agerage
and for Voll's Devotion, 33.3 points per race on average.

I'll definitely go for Voll's Devotion! .... not.

Even if I had no life and attended 75% of the ~142 races (might have miscounted), I would still require around 9.4 points per race on average to get Voll's Devotion. But then again, if I had no life, I could probably easily make these points.

Since Pyre is the only item I can realistically get, and I can buy that for 3 Chaos Orbs, I don't see why I should spend 40~50 hours over the next month racing.
Last edited by timmeey on Oct 24, 2014, 12:22:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info