Sentari's Answer Minion/Necro Aegis theory

So with Sentari's Answer, do you think it would make a good Minion/Aegis tank build?

Add in Skullhead and bone offering (lvl 21) and you're looking at:

Minion block chance - Sentari 40%, bone offering 35%, Skullhead 10%, 6% nodes = 91% chance
Minion spell block - Sentari 25%, bone offering 35% = 60%

I'm basing this on block chance being additive and the same on these gem/uniques. Party/support play could be immense with them procing curses alot.

Add a 5/6 link armor like Vis Mortis with supports like Empower, Minion life, Minoin resists it could be the new OP summoner? What you think?

/EDIT An additional 6% chance to block from nodes on skill tree after Necro Aegis
IGN: Munkehboi
Last edited by Munkehboi on Oct 23, 2014, 1:40:10 PM
didn't check your math yet, but be aware there is an upper bound.
no one can have 90% block.

personally, I was thinking about melee when I saw that shield in Ignarsol's thread.
but minions with Necro Aegis sounds like an equally good idea.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Question: what determines the max number of curses that could be put with this? are the curses generated by the shield via Necro Aegis still considered yours?
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Yeah your right there is a limit which is 75%. This means you can not use Skullhead and the 6% nodes behind necro aegis to reach 75% block chance for minions.

If we add in high minion life and dmg nodes and life regen for minions it could work.

Maybe a 6L CoD with RZ, Minion life, Faster attacks, Multistrike. Empower, Minion resists/Minion dmg should work.

A 4 link self cast Arc, echo, faster casting, lightning pen/empower with EE passive. Running Hatred for the elemental proc for my minions?

Probably have Spectres in there somewhere too. Possibly Flame sentinals?

"
enveratise wrote:
Question: what determines the max number of curses that could be put with this? are the curses generated by the shield via Necro Aegis still considered yours?

No, theirs.

Personally, I would never use this shield for Nercromantic Aegis.
If you're lazy to cast curses (or even CoH) or you're somehow a battle necromancer who doesn't use SRS, I guess this could work.

Edit : Dominating Blow builds anybody?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
Last edited by Exialis on Oct 24, 2014, 10:14:24 AM
Dominating blow would be interesting.

Thinking about it more, 4link Reduced Mana, Hatred, Vitality, generosity.

A corrupted Sidhebreathe + 1 Curses so minion blocks proc curses and I can self cast another curse on top such as ele weakness or vulnerability.

So far I have come up with this:

CoD 6 link - RZ, Empower, Minion life, Faster attacks, Multistrike, Melee splash/Minion resists/Minion dmg

Sentaris Answer - Artic armor, Spell totem, Arc

Wand - Lightning warp, reduced duration/additional curse, faster casting

Boots - CwTD, Immortal call, enduring cry, increased duartion

+2 Helm/Skullhead - Generosity, Hatred, Vitality, Redcued mana

Gloves - Vaal summon skeletons, Raise spectre, faster casting, LMP/GMP/FORK/CHAIN (if using flame senintals)

Weapon swap wands - Descrete and anything else

Heres a 108 point passive tree I've come up with Senatri Necro Aegis Summoner

So you guys want to create an army that spreads Punishment, what is considered one of the worst skill in this game. Am I missing something here? It looks like it would not override you curses, but still.
"
Electrospine wrote:
So you guys want to create an army that spreads Punishment, what is considered one of the worst skill in this game. Am I missing something here? It looks like it would not override you curses, but still.

Unless there is a special where just applies curses normally ignoring curse limit, giving it to minions via Necromantic Aegis will overrided your curses when applied, which is why I'll never use it.
As stated I think it would be good at being a party/support summoner so proc curses alot is very good. Of course punishment is not the only curse that will be proccing. Melee enemies generally aren't that much of an problem in this game compared to spell casters and projectile enemies I feel. Temp chains proccing on projectile enenmies is very handy and ele weakness on spell casters will help take them down quicker.

So in a party scenario it would work very well I feel. Genorsity on Vitality and Hatred giving party and minions more regen and dmg couples well. Having a +1 curse item would be very favourable in this scenario as well so you can dual curse everything by self casting enfeeble for instance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info