The Empress - Lightning Tendrils Witch! (Life/EB/Acro)

BUILD NO LONGER UPDATED. MORE OF TERRA'S BUILDS HERE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1117000

Hello all! Welcome to my Lightning Tendrils witch guide! Enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions you can reply to the thread, PM me, or send an in-game message @Tandarahl and I'll get back to you very soon!

My character died at level 58. I was hitting a CB and looked away from my screen for a second. On top of that got hit by a couple of tornado shotters and one thing led to another. Sadly, I will not be rerolling this build in Beyond (at least I don't think I will). I will most certainly be rolling it again next league, and will update the guide. From now until the new leagues, this thread may not be updated but I will still answer questions PMd to me!

Current Tree (Lv 55):

Planned Tree:

Alternate tree with area nodes and Templar life nodes:

Lightning Tendrils > Spell Echo > Lightning Penetration > Life Leech > Increased Area of Effect > Conc Effect

Herald of Thunder > Reduced Mana > Clarity > Grace
If you want to use Herald of Ice or a Purity aura and have enough mana left, it should work out well.

Vaal Storm Call > Spell Echo > Lightning Penetration > Increased Area of Effect
Vaal SC is very strong at the moment, and works well with our lightning setup.

Current Lvl 55 Gear:

The Geofri's I had sitting around so am using it for leveling. As soon as I 5 or 6link my Cloak of Defiance I will swap it over to there with Lightning penetration and with a 6L Conc Effect or Faster Casting.

If you don't have a Cloak of Defiance, something like this should work nicely:

Level 30-ish gear:
Spoiler

End-game I plan on using a Cloak of Defiance for the awesome defensive value. I'll be acro, so if by chance I do get hit by something it'll barely hurt.
For a weapon, you'll want a wand with very high spell damage and cast speed. Cast speed is the most important mod for LT. Crit chance isn't necessary, which makes the build work great on a budget, but crit is nice and does work well with this from personal experience.

Normal: Help Oak or Kill All (Up to personal preference)
Cruel: Kill All
Merciless: Kill All

Full Information Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSpikLwDGwo

Stat Screenshots (Level 56):
Spoiler

Last edited by Malygaro on Dec 8, 2014, 9:56:45 AM
Nice build but what about the bandits?
"
reimo90 wrote:
Nice build but what about the bandits?

Normal: Help Oak (Or kill all, it's up to you)
Cruel: Kill All
Merciless: Kill All

Will update thread post itself with this info, and for reference I helped Oak in A2N
Your video final skill tree is different from the one in the guide. Which one is better?
"
reimo90 wrote:
Your video final skill tree is different from the one in the guide. Which one is better?

Whatever's different on my tree from the one in the guide is what works for me personally. Whatever changes I've made fits my playstyle, and I suggest you follow the guide tree but make whatever changes you'd feel more comfortable playing with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info