Client failing to animate monster movement ruining play

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
And when your "fix" broke 5 other things... then what?

Such is the "too much pain, not enough profit" life of the exile of an indie game company.

Yes, I do understand that this kind of programming is hard and complicated. But it is much better than back in 1980 when I needed to program in 6502 assembly language on my Apple II+ to get fast performance. For those old enough to know "Please don't feed the assembly language programmers" was not just a good idea, it was one of Wozniak's major rules.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
What the person here is talking about isn't general desync (which as you said can't be fixed), but rather specifically the monsters being out of sync, which while it can't necessarily be fixed either without some hard work, you CAN set up a forced resync to make this slightly better.

Sure it wouldn't "fix" it, but if when you clicked on a monster, or when you tried to attack a monster, or when a projectile 'hit' a monster, if no damage dealt/etc it forced a resync, it would fix.

The number of times I have 'shift' attacked a monster in somewhere like the pyramid, and realised after two clicks the monster is out of sync, but the monster continues to follow me for another 5 minutes.... if I can see it based on trying to deal damage to it, the game should be able to detect it aswell and force resync JUST for that monster

Realwolf has some good suggestions there. I also wonder how come monsters can get stuck in a looping desynch limbo.
will never be fixed.
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
Guys, it's a freaking F2P game from a small indie dev from NZ. They won't fix deysnc any time soon, nor overhaul the engine, because they simply don't have those resources.

If you can't accept that, it's time to move on.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
I'd like to see how the game would feel if GGG would force more resyncs. I don't mind the rubberbanding but trying to kill a dangerous rare that's just a bit out of sync really pisses me off when I somehow just can't hit it but still take damage (because it's like right behind me). That's one reason for me why I started to like arc so much. The auto-target alleviates a lot of the problem.
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
Last edited by Alros on Oct 24, 2014, 11:31:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info