Massive Orb of Chance Log (Ripping everything I have for science!)

Hello Exiles!

Today I pledge to start possible one of the biggest Chance orb experimentation in the history of Wreclast. How many? ATLEAST 5000+ (as much as possible but no less then 5000 tries)

Why am I doing this?

FOR SCIENCE! There was an old log on chance orbs rates(magic/rare/unqiue collectively 7000 tries) put together back in earlier days of PoE by the community. However, We really can't verify how accurate the information is as data was collected from thousands of soruces; and on top of that the log in question was created many patches ago so rates may have been nerfed or buffed? we do not know. This will hopefully provide some more updated data that our currenct community can find useful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For those won't don't regularly visit PoE subreddit: It is possible to chance legacy unique with zana mods.
*not my Screenshot
Spoiler

What will we be chancing?:: <Leather Belt> for a HeadHunter Leather Belt!

I am going to VIDEO RECORDING Every Single chance Orb and Scouring so the source of data will be creditable. I will also post a spread sheet + graph to show the the total magic/rare/uniques we chanced at the end

Currently there are three unique leather belts:
Spoiler

~Headhunter << one we're going for
~Immortal Flesh
~Wurm Molt

Early hypothesis:
It hard to say what the chance of chancing a unique is, let alone one of the rarest uniques. More then likely I will get a few Immortal flesh and wurms molt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(RAMPAGE LEAGUE PLAYERS)Now, I do need the communities helps. As 5000+ orb of Scouring and Chance orbs are not easy to accumulate by myself. If you are able to sell me any chance orb or scouring it would greatly contribute to this project. On top of that, I am putting everything I have on sale in my shop thread. It would be preferable if you can able to pay in chance or scouring as that saves me time, if not i'll accept any in-game currency!

Some of the main Items I need to sell:
Spoiler

Link to my forum shop thread:

*PLEASE DO NOT POST OFFERS HERE, NOT A TRADE THREAD, PM ME IN-GAME:
IGNS:

Sithlord_Of_Nipples
BillNye_TheScienceGuy
Toaster_Friendly_Build
Usually on from 7PM - 2 AM Eastern Time

If it takes too long for me to acquire over 5000+ Scour and Chance. I will continue this experiement on standard where I will have enough currency to try 10,000+.
=============================================================================================
UPDATE #1:
over 3k chance orbs more; 2 more tabs to go!
Spoiler

Will keep updating this thread, Thanks for reading!
Last edited by StrangeCloud on Oct 27, 2014, 2:13:46 PM
Can't chance headhunter unless you're in a nemesis modded map, and even that's not properly confirmed.
"
Can't chance headhunter unless you're in a nemesis modded map, and even that's not properly confirmed.

Yes, that's why I mention the zana map mod and screen shot. It would be nice if GGG can comment on weather or not all league specific unique can be chanced inside map mods with the required league. We know shav rings can be chanced via that method, headhunters should be possible too.
I would like to donate - for science!
Is it possible to add info about when you are typically online?
"
aldorus wrote:
I would like to donate - for science!
Is it possible to add info about when you are typically online?

I rather not take "donation". Don't want to be shady and give people the wrong ideas, but if you want to purchase something you could. Also edit post to add when Im usually on.
Update #1: Accquied 136ex now, shav gone, mjonlner gone :( but we can start destroying rampages scouring/chance economy

p.s. ALSO it would be very nice if a GGG staff can confirm weather or not headhunters can be acquired this way! thank you!
Last edited by StrangeCloud on Oct 26, 2014, 2:12:19 AM
Its not possible to chance. Its possible to drop in a zana map.

EDIT: Its possible to chance.
Plausible: You have to be in the map.
Plausible: Base item type have to be from the map itself. Load up on leather belts and goodluck in Zana's Map. < Wikipedia. But still , wait for GGG's Response.
Build:
- DzSz's Pillar : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524656
Last edited by DeathzStalkerz on Oct 26, 2014, 2:46:11 AM
"
Plausible: Base item type have to be from the map itself. Load up on leather belts and goodluck in Zana's Map. <

I believe this is what is going on. Also, League of Wurm's Molt Leather Belt.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"

EDIT: Its possible to chance.

Source?
Shower thought: no two rares are the same. So rares are unique, while uniques are not. On the other hand, uniques are rare, while rares are not.
Personally, I think the original Shav's Revelation screenshot is an elaborate troll. Until someones chances a legacy unique on stream or GGG confirms it's possible, I wouldn't blow 100+ ex trying to do it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info