A new support gem idea

A new support gem like Enlighten, Empower, and Enhance. Except, this new gem is white colored and can only be placed in white socketed items from a vaal orb. This would add more used to white sockets and make them even better. Let me know what you guys think.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Spoody wrote:
A new support gem like Enlighten, Empower, and Enhance. Except, this new gem is white colored and can only be placed in white socketed items from a vaal orb. This would add more used to white sockets and make them even better. Let me know what you guys think.

You completely forgot to suggest your suggestion.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Spoody wrote:

I think he didn't. Suggestion was "a support gem that can only be socketed into white sockets" :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
...what is the function for this support gem after it got put on a white socket? Turn all other linked sockets into white colour?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)
Last edited by Exorcist901 on Oct 23, 2014, 6:17:13 AM
No, I think he wants like ultimately support gem variants, that require white gem slots.

Imagine a 30-40% more damage support gem, or a crazy version of empower with more plus levels.

I've also been thinking that we could color sockets Black.

What's a black socket? Yes.

(see what a I did there?)
"
silumit wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Spoody wrote:

I think he didn't. Suggestion was "a support gem that can only be socketed into white sockets" :)

"
Exorcist901 wrote:
...what is the function for this support gem after it got put on a white socket? Turn all other linked sockets into white colour?

Actually, he did forget to make his suggestion.

I don't see "a gem that requires a white socket" as a suggestion since that socket allows any gem inside its slot. Making gems that require a white socket would require it on most builds.
"
Natharias wrote:
Making gems that require a white socket would require it on most builds.

Not necessarily. It might just open up new build possibilities with harder entry. You still don't know what the white gem is yet, as presumably these could be new powerful gems, but they could also be just new interesting gems.

Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Oct 23, 2014, 2:19:53 PM
"
"
Natharias wrote:
Making gems that require a white socket would require it on most builds.

Not necessarily. It might just open up new build possibilities with harder entry. You still don't know what the white gem is yet, as presumably these could be new powerful gems, but they could also be just new interesting gems.

Look at the new Herald of Thunder. It's practically a must have for lightning builds. Look at other things like Multistrike, Spell Echo, and Empower. They're all must-haves.

There are basically two kinds of gems: must-haves and niche.

A niche gem would be Knockback. It's practically useless except to very few builds. Even then, those builds outgrow the gem and use something much better.

So the new white gems will either be must-haves or gems that have limited use.

Again it comes down to what the gem is, not the socket it requires. Especially if that socket is supposed to house any gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info