Clarification on aura damage and buff effect

2 things.

Firstly, according to the wiki page on Buffs -> Buff Effect:
"
The Inner Force and Buff Effect passives increase the bonuses from buffs that affect yourself. It does not increase damage dealt from buffs as it is something that affects enemies.

However, I've noticed that builds like the Elemental Buzzsaw pick up Buff Effect nodes. Does this mean that Buff Effect affects the damage added to your spells/attacks by a buff (such as the added damage from Herald of Ice), but not damage done to an enemy via something you didn't cast (such as the shatter from HoI)?

Secondly, I've heard before that Buff Effect and Increased Effect of Auras will stack multiplicatively with Clarity and Mana Regeneration:
Level 2 Clarity = 4.0 flat mana regen
26% Buff Effect = 5.04 mana regen
50% Increased Mana Regen = 7.56 mana regen

Does this work the same way with other Buffs/Auras, such as HoI, Anger, and Grace?
Last edited by SponTen on Oct 22, 2014, 11:56:27 PM
"
SponTen wrote:
2 things.

Firstly, according to the wiki page on Buffs -> Buff Effect:
"
The Inner Force and Buff Effect passives increase the bonuses from buffs that affect yourself. It does not increase damage dealt from buffs as it is something that affects enemies.

However, I've noticed that builds like the Elemental Buzzsaw pick up Buff Effect nodes. Does this mean that Buff Effect affects the damage added to your spells/attacks by a buff (such as the added damage from Herald of Ice), but not damage done to an enemy via something you didn't cast (such as the shatter from HoI)?

Secondly, I've heard before that Buff Effect and Increased Effect of Auras will stack multiplicatively with Clarity and Mana Regeneration:

Does this work the same way with other Buffs/Auras, such as HoI, Anger, and Grace?

If it says "increases buff on YOU" then it wont increase dmg, just the buff that affects you and only you...however aura effect nods that say "aura's you cast" and not "on you" they will...I pick both types up to gain more ES and Resist, but only aura nods will effect my aura's dmg

However I am not 100% sure for the heralds...since they aren't an aura but are a passive dmg buff...hmm
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Oct 23, 2014, 12:47:57 AM
"
SponTen wrote:
Does this mean that Buff Effect affects the damage added to your spells/attacks by a buff (such as the added damage from Herald of Ice), but not damage done to an enemy via something you didn't cast (such as the shatter from HoI)?

Exactly, herald skills have two segments, added damage which is a buff, and the effect that triggers on killing the enemy which isn't a buff.

"
SponTen wrote:

Yes, increased effect of auras/buff on you is multiplicative with other bonuses because it increases the effect of aura/buff on you directly, as the buff output. Then that value is increased further by other relevant bonuses like mana regen for clarity, %ES for discipline or damage for damage auras.

However, heralds are not auras, they're permanent buffs like arctic armor or tempest shield.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
SponTen wrote:
Does this mean that Buff Effect affects the damage added to your spells/attacks by a buff (such as the added damage from Herald of Ice), but not damage done to an enemy via something you didn't cast (such as the shatter from HoI)?

Exactly, herald skills have two segments, added damage which is a buff, and the effect that triggers on killing the enemy which isn't a buff.

"
SponTen wrote:

Yes, increased effect of auras/buff on you is multiplicative with other bonuses because it increases the effect of aura/buff on you directly, as the buff output. Then that value is increased further by other relevant bonuses like mana regen for clarity, %ES for discipline or damage for damage auras.

However, heralds are not auras, they're permanent buffs like arctic armor or tempest shield.

Awesome, thanks!

And yeah just to clarify, I just meant Buffs/Auras respectively - so Aura Effect works the same way as Buff Effect, but only with Auras of course :)
yea, "aura" is buff subcategory
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
SponTen wrote:
And yeah just to clarify, I just meant Buffs/Auras respectively - so Aura Effect works the same way as Buff Effect, but only with Auras of course :)

And they stack additively, even if they come from different players. So if your party member has clarity with 30% inc aura effect and you have 10% inc buff effect on you, you will receive clarity with 40% increased effect.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info