RIP Archives... what is the next best way?

"
"
Strimlaren wrote:
"
There is no next the closest thing out there is the loading screen trick that's it.

Wrong. I wont spoil it though, only for the cool people. :()

Clearly you aren't cool because I know several ways because I am friends with the developers!

Ahh good ole I_NO , glorious as always.
"Improved the generation of corrupted side areas in the Archives area."

I don't think this patch note described the real well. It should be:

"Improved the generation of corrupted side areas in the Archives area 'for the server'."

For players, it is just a nerf.
Upper Sceptre is so much better and always has been.
You can still farm corrupted zones in the archives using the frame time trick. Might need to make more instances but it works fine. I suppose GGG could nerf this in a future patch by always including the zone but not making it accessible, but might make the game slower for people with older computers.

However, the zones are now usually less convenient to run to as there are more twisting areas you need to navigate (in the past you could just run to the 2nd door to the NE or the 2nd door to the SW when the room pointed SE with no side door).

Also, if you take note of the time to load the zone you can usually find a master. When Elreon is in the map it takes much longer to load than other masters. Masters don't seem to affect the frame time; however, sometimes you can find both a master and corrupted zone when the loading time and frame time are higher than normal.

Edit: 3 days later, I guess this has been stealth patched. The frame time no longer seems to work to find the archives corrupted zone. There's a layout pattern that sometimes works but doesn't seem to work all that often.
Edit2: Just tried again and the frame times (now/still) works. Must have had bad RNG previously. However, the frequency seems to be MUCH lower now.
Last edited by vikroda on Oct 27, 2014, 9:41:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info