1.2.4 Deployed and Race Season Nine Schedule

"
Hamallainen wrote:
Why abandoning Exiles Everywhere and Descent/Descent:Champions races?

OMG, only now have I noticed there is no Champions race... which is the most well received type of race ever. What are they thinking?!

This race season is obviously just a test project, to gauge how much starvation, boredom & punishment the playerbase can take. Root out the stinking casuals, from the glorious nolifer master race.

Everyone that cares about the future of this game should not participate in this season. Don't be a lab rat.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Oct 23, 2014, 9:25:23 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"
Hamallainen wrote:
Why abandoning Exiles Everywhere and Descent/Descent:Champions races?

OMG, only now have I noticed there is no Champions race... which is the most well received type of race ever. What are they thinking?!

This race season is obviously just a test project, to gauge how much starvation, boredom & punishment the playerbase can take. Root out the stinking casuals, from the glorious nolifer master race.

Everyone that cares about the future of this game should not participate in this season. Don't be a lab rat.

+1
Best and fastest way to show GGG to stop make us lab test objects - boycott Race 9

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1092941
"
NetmanQ wrote:
Can someone tell me are these 2 Hr Fixed Seed Famine fun? A lot of them in the schedule

Sadly no 2 hours it's annoying and it's just the normal game with the map show and no refill pot in town
Awesome. Going to take a half-day tomorrow so I can play during the first race! :D

Looking forward to this season; it will be the second season that I've raced in (and the last season I only did a handful of races).

My favorite was the endless ledge, hardcore, blood magic, famine. Not sure what it was called, but I remember getting to level 7 and making a decent ranking on the leaderboards. So many rips.
Leveling a Spectral Throw Scion.
"
Kanox2004 wrote:
Good patch but same problem like every race season.

The schedule is bad for europe.

Weekend times are great since it's weekend,
but for weekdays i can only attend 19 out of 76
races scheduled from Monday - Friday.

i can only attend 20 out of 76 scheduled monday-friday, does that mean the schedule for the U.S. is bad too?

if you work full time more than likely you will be in that ball park, it is what it is.

digging the rewards this season.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
I am tremendously disappointed at your item selection for race rewards GGG. Stop selling us so short. Rumi's is nice, sure, and is why anyone would play this race, but the rest of it is genuine poop items or the niche necklace in voll's which only a few people get anyway.

You have 10 chaos in crap uniques, Rumi's at 2 ex, then the oh so weird and niche Voll's. Give us a Shav's for a race reward again. Give us the new cast speed and chaos wand. Give us more than trash uniques!
Since the new patch has been added, I cannot add, or take anything out of the 1st page of the guild stash. It isn't just me also, the leader also cannot.

Anyone else having issues with their guild stash?
I think GGG has actually made a lot of improvements. There are 28 different time slots the first full week. That's a great improvement for availability. Also, the reach a certain goal race (kill oversoul) is a neat new feature that a lot more could be done with in the future (Fairgraves sprint event?). Plus, we don't know how the points will be awarded in the shortened season. So let's wait a little before proclaiming this the worst race ever.

However, there are two things I'd like to provide some constructive criticism on. Races will always cater more to the "no-lifers." Those of us with jobs (and families) will never be able to run more than a few races a week, no matter what GGG does with the schedule. UNLESS they implement a way to run some races on our own schedule (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/617940).

Second (and my biggest complaint about this season). The 2nd reward is more easily reached for casual players, but also worthless for those same players. Only players with a lot of time to invest or a lot of wealth have the resources to make an ilvl 100 item into something really useful yet it's only 40 points. If the Pyre or Rumi's is looking like it'll be difficult because of my schedule I'll just stop with the Fencoil and not even bother going for 40 points. I can buy a good topaz ring for a couple chaos but I don't have the exalts or eternals to craft a white race reward.
Suggestion Thread: Race of the Day
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/617940
What is going on with this race season?

No Descent Champions?

No Descent?

No BLAMT?

No Exiles Everywhere?

No Cutthroat?

All my favorite races are absent.

Instead, there are plenty of long boring vanilla races. And there are less rewards and less races to accumulate points to get those rewards.

I'm tempted to sit this season out and hope for a more exciting season 10.
I'm baffled about there being months and months between seasons, then the schedule being posted only 2 days before races start, and the races themselves not having any reward info or explanations (especially with new race types).

ign: @Tashur

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info